I would be SO greatful if someone could help me here.....

For over a week I have been trying to loose weight. I aimed for 800 cals a day but I eat about 1000-1200 cals a day. I am not very active but that has never hindered my weightloss before. I eat low fat stuff, cereal with non fat milk, fat free 100 cal yoghurt which I normally have 2 of a day, 2 wolemeal toasts, sometimes 3, a dinner of stir fry with no or little sauce or fish cooked with no sauces just lemon and peper. I eat loads of fruit and vegetables too. This diet never really goes over 1200 calories unless I eat a few bananas more or something ridiculous like that. If I do snack on bad stuff it is having an extra bowl of cereal, a third slice of toast or that 2nd yoghurt, or a few mini buisciuts but never more than 4.
I have been eating sensibly for over a week and cut out alcohol but I weigh EXACTLY the same. I drink water or coffee with non fat milk and no sugar. I walk about half an hour a day. I have not even lost a pound and am getting so disheartened. I can only think of that I am not cutting out enough calories by eating too much fruit and vegetables, or that my period having arrived this week has something to do with it.
Can someone explain? I am 5 foot and weigh nine stone, 128lb or 58kg, I was 1 stone lighter 5 months ago and am trying to lose the extra weight. I would be greatful for any advice. Thanks in advance!

You are being quite hard on your self, seems like you are doing all the right things, try to not judge yourself by what you weigh on the scales, as being a woman , you will be weighing differently during different times of the month, especially when your period is due, you can put on a few kilo/pounds of just fluid. Which is normal.

It has only been a week. One word of advice tho, is just because something says it is low fat, it might be!!! , but usually it is high in sugar, which turns to fat if you dont excercise.
Try going as naturally as possible (NHIF ) Non Human Interferrance Foods, like fruit vegetables, eggs, meat, yoghurt is okay but not sweet ones, even if low fat, try some natural yoghurt and put in strawberries and blueberries. Try the low GI foods

Avoid as much processed foods as you can, even try to not eat bread, as it is loaded in sugar, unless it is a good dense rye or wholemeal. Dont use margarine or butter. Your calorie intake is quite low, why not increase it a little, and excercise more, even if it is only walking more. You dont want your body to ever lock into starvation mode, where it hangs on to weight if you limit your calories.

You've only waited a week. I agree don't be too hard on yourself. Be greatful you can loose weight without exercising. I am a bread bone. Unless I exercise like a work horse I stay fat or gain weight.

Be happy child!

You can't expect to loose weight in the first week if you do it is most likely just fluid. Stressing about it wont help at all if anything it will hinder it as stress can make you gain weight as well as other health problems such as high blood pressure.

If you want to make the weight loss permanent it will take time. I agree with the top comment about increasing your calorie intake and doing more exercise. Have you considered some light resistance training as the extra muscle mass burns more calories at rest aka increases your metabolism. I would highly recommend you try it out - talk to your local gym they will help you get started.

Just let things take there course and relax in the mean time!

I eat about the same way, for 2 weeks now. 1/2 C. special K with 1/4 skim milk. Then an apple and slice of cheese. Then a huge salad stuffed with veggies and 1 lean pocket. Then a health bar. Then a second big salad and lean meat and more veggies. I drink 8-10 cups of water a day, and take vitamins. I ride my bike 7 days a week for 45 minutes and workout my arms or abs 6 times a week. The first week, I gained a pound. The end of the second week was today, and I weigh the same as when I started. I am not quitting though. But it is very discouraging.

hello can someone help me please, i weigh 17.10 i have been dieting and exercising for 3 weeks and have only lost 2 pound. considering i swim do aerobics, gym and aquafit, i exercise every day. i used to drink liters of diet cola ive cut all that out and i just drink sugar free juice, im think i may be loosing inches but im sure i must be building up muscle with the slow weight loss, im really getting disheartened because im really trying.
thank you for any help you can offer me x

lay off the sugar free everything! your body takes it in the same way as sugar.

besides real juice is better for you anyways :-)

Don't be discouraged. 2 pounds in three weeks is actually pretty good. Most people can only loose about 1-2 pounds a week in a healthy way. Considering that a pound is 3500 calories you must burn that many calories while factoring in the amount of calories that you eat in order to loose weight. Don't worry. You are an active person, and you will get results. Meanwhile try cutting out the juice. The best things to drink when loosing weight are tea and water. Juice may seem healthy because of all the vitimines and minerals, but in the end it has no fiber and fits into the category of 'empty calories'. You don't want to starve yourself so try and keep a 1200 calorie diet at least since you are active. That way you will have enough energy to do your workout while keeping your body from starving itself and consuming your muscle (which is what happens when adults eat less than 1000 calories a day). Muscle burns calories throughout the day naturally, so although this thread is about loosing fat and not gaining muscle, the more muscle that a person has the more calories they can burn during a day.