Im a 16 year old male, 5"9, and right now I weigh 96 poungs. I eat 5-6 times a day and I am moderately active. I found out that the normal weight for someone this height and age ranges from 145-175 pounds so Im figuring im about 46-79 pounds underweight. I have not gained weight in over a year and i eat a diet rich in carbs proteins, etc. Does anyone know what could cause this? And if you need to know any other symptoms I have please ask.

I'm a very skinny guy too, or at least I was. Here is what I recommend--peanut butter milkshakes. You are going to gain weight pretty quickly but make sure you have a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some milk, and a bunch of peanut butter. Trust me, this will no longer be an issue. My guess it that you might undereat for your size. What do you think?

I dont think I undereat for my size, my family all think that I overeat. Read one of my two other posts about not feeling hungry and that explains how much I eat on a daily basis pretty much

Peanut butter milkshakes?? Yuk!!!

Actually, never tried them, but the thought of peanut butter in a milkshake isn't very appealing.

they are amazing!!!!. very rich in protein. good for maintaining muscle.

kingfreze wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

Peanut butter milkshakes?? Yuk!!!

Oh my god you really need to try them. You have no idea how delicious it can be. Obviously you use the creamy type. And you should definitely consider throwing a little chocolate in there too

I think I'm outnumbered here :-( Next time I'm at the supermarket I'll get one.

If it's horrible, well, at least I'll know who to blame ;-)

Healthnfitness guy started it but I'm the one who invented it so you can blame me too! I love peanut butter milkshakes and they helped me gain a lot of muscle mass!

Just wanted everyone to know that im down to 93 pounds now. I dont think those peanut butter milkshakes are working for me

How much have you been drinking? And how much do you generally eat in a day? That weight is worrisome but if you're not eating enough then you might have some trouble there...

I eat anywhere from 3,000-4,000 calories a day. Just had a physical yesterday and my doctor decided to check my thyroid levels so hopefully that will give some clues. And i usually have one peanut butter shake a day, sometime 2

Hi skinnyteen, how are you getting on??

Hey SkinnyTeen
Believe me, you're not alone. I'm an 18-year old guy and I'm still trying to get past 92, height of somewhere around 5'7 or so. I think part of what it is is a high metabolism or something of the like, because no matter how much I eat, I can't seem to gain any fat, and several people have suggested that that might be what it is. Sound kind of like your situation?

The same pretty much. Just been diagnosed with narcolepsy though

:-( Can narcolepsy be a reason for not being able to gain weight?