Hi all I am new to the forum and I would like some help or guidance on my codeine addiction. I take 2 packs of 32 a day sometimes 1 pack of 32 a day via coke water extraction. I usually take much more on weekends. I need to stop it's taking over my life. I am scared to though. I have taken 120 mg already this morning and I will likely buy another packet for tonight. I have been to the doctors about this and they have been no help whatsoever. They just upped my dose of citalopram but I have been trying to collect this medicine and the doctor hasn't put the prescription through! So I've been without cit for 3/4 weeks now and I can totally feel the dip in my mood. It's been such a hard 6 years for me. I was in an abusive relationship and he died last year. I am really struggling to get over him I do is work take codeine and promethazine ,eat,sleep,try to find ways to potentiate the codeine and just generally making my problem 20 times worse. I would say I take on average about 400mg codeine via cwe a day sometimes I re dose between 2/3 times a day with maybe 5 to 6 hrs in between. I take promethazine to potentiate the codeine roughly around 7th a day but that only started last week. How do I go about tapering ? How should I reduce my dose? By half or a quarter? Sorry for the long post. If anyone can help me with this that would be great. ;-)

Sorry 75mg promethazine a day for the last 7 days. I also sometimes use night/nurse to also add to the high.

Welcome to the forum. Cocaine addiction affects on body and mind very badly. You must stop your addiction for your future life. Visit any good rehab center and start treatment for it.