Lately, every time I go to the bathroom it's been rather mucus like. It's been a pattern: First it's just a normal bowel with a little mucus, then the next day I'm constipated, and the day after, it's really gassy with mucus and almost like I have diarrhea. And then the pattern goes on again. I've had the mucus since around this time last year, but it was no where near this. I exercise every day, but I hardly ever eat fruits or vegetables. My mom seems to think it's lack of fiber, which I hope so. Also my stomach can be rather gassy and loud, and sometimes it decides to embarrass me during school. :$
I'm only 15 years old, and I don't think I have IBS or I'm Lactose Intolerant. Somebody, can you help me understand what is going on?

I dont think you need worry about the yellow mucus - its quite normal when you strain hard to make yourself poo or are constipated.
The regular changes to your bowel habits may be IBS.

:-( Waht kind of answer is that for a 15 year? Suggesting that it could be IBS and not even following up with an explanation. I proud of her to even ask someone. But she needs to ask someone that can get to the root of the problem. Not just a blow off answer. Her mom had good advice. Water and fiber ( maybe benefiber) would the easiest way to see if that can control her issues. I have similar problems and I can always get straight with Benebiber and LOTS of water. And she must be diligent about her routine.