A few months ago I was turning in bed and felt a searing pain in my LUQ.  The pain felt sharp like a knife stabbing into my LUQ, I’ve never had any type of pain like this before.  It caused me to jump out of bed and my entire body was sweating.  I walked around for a few minutes and waited for the pain to subside and got back into bed.  I can no longer lie on my left side due to the pain.

Before the event, I would have a bowel movement like clockwork every morning.  Each week after the event, I noticed my bowel output became less and less.  As the problem became worse, I noticed LUQ and RUQ pain increased if I strained.  A month later, I stopped having bowel movements.  After a week without a bowel movement, I took laxatives for the first time in my life as I was at wits end from continual bloating.  By taking various laxatives I am able to have some partial evacuations; however, I have never been able to completely empty my bowel as in the past.

Lab work: I’ve had multiple blood tests, the doctors tell me everything is normal.  On the round of blood tests, my Alpha-1-Antitrypsin was low at 68mg/dL with the normal range being 90-200.  The doctors stated that this was nothing to worry about and that it was only an issue if it was very high.  My IgA was on the low-end at 82mg/dL (normal 90-400) but the doctors were not concerned.  I had also had a full celiac panel done and it all came back normal.

Scans: I have had a KUB x-ray, a CAT scan without contrast and fluoroscopy with barium swallow.  All of these tests came back normal with the exception that in each scan there was a lot of stool noted in the colon, one doctor reviewed the CT and could not believe the amount of stool in the colon but offered no idea as to what is causing the problem.

Suggestion: My primary suggested I go to a major clinic such as Mayoclinic, Cleveland Clinic, I have booked such an appointment but it is months away and I am suffering from this every day.  I have visited other doctors, including internists and gastroenterologists but they are not sure what is causing the problem.  They all listened to the bowels with a stethoscope and they stated the bowels were normal.

I have looked into several possibilities as to what may be causing this problem:

1)      adhesions – possible but typically can only be diagnosed with an exploratory laparoscopy, which can cause more adhesions

2)      diaphragmatic hernia – would of showed up with the fluoroscopy with barium swallow and this is typically congenital

3)      fecal impaction – the doctors stated the bowel sounds were normal upon auscultation

4)      h. pylori – blood tests came back negative

5)      partial bowel obstruction – I have not had the common symptoms such as nausea and vomiting

6)      protein losing enteropathy - previous urine tests were normal

It is awful having to live like this and I am desperately seeking help to find what is causing this problem.

Have you considered colon irrigation? I suffered with this over 5 years ago and have had tremendous results with using them... it feels so much better! Good luck!

could be diiverticulosis strings of bowels get logged in the pouches of colon rest

Ive got this situation going on right now. Though, I also feeling like Im going to vomit at times..I don't. I to am told, my basic blood work is fine, reg. x-rays are fine..2 years ago colonoscopy was normal. Military healthcare for older retirees) won't do in depth testings, and Im currently left hanging in the air with trying to figure it out on my own. I have found, the only food that might settle, is BURNT to a crisp..however, I can't expel the waist/stool, which makes things worse..SO, Im living on boost and ensure. Tricare medicals, and civilian medical, blame my fluid intake..put me down to 64oz a day. Im down to 30-40 oz. a day, and I still have the same problem. Told tricare, ya can't blame my fluid intake this time..NOW what? Which is when they dumped me to figure it out on my own. SO..as I told them..when either my intestines explode and I become septic, or I start vomiting my own fecal matter..Ill sue the danged pants off ya for malpractice some how..

I am suffering with the same symptoms. Have you gotten any answers. I have had so many tests and no one can seem to help me.

Gastroporiasis? Don't know if I spelled that right or not.

I eat a high fiber diet, lots of vegetables and still had constipation. I have had success using psyllium gelatin capsules, it is non soluble fiber and natural

ALVEOLAR 21150408, I KNOW WHAT IS WRONG! DR'S ARE OF NO HELP WITH THIS! SAD TO SAY,BUT TRUE. YOUR ISSUES ARE CLASSIC AND THE REMEDY IS SIMPLE. YOU MAY EMAIL ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY PHONE # , HAPPY TO PAY IT FORWARD ,I WAS IN HORRIBLE PAIN FOR TWO YEARS....NOW I'M FINE. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU! YOUR ISSUE WILL NOT BE SOLVED BY ANY OF THE KIND RESPNSES YOU HAVE GOTTEN,,,,,

i have answers

Um....then share them.

please send me your info, I am getting no anwers as well 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I would like to know your remedy!!! I need help also

I AM VISUALY IMPARED A FRIEND IS TYPING..HAPPY TO HEP,PAUL G.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Please I need info as I too am miserable.

FOR THOSE IN PAIN FROM POSSIBLE GI MOTILITY PAIN.......FIRST HAVE YOUR GASTRO DR, HAVE U SWALLOW SITZ MARKERS.THESE ARE ARE SMALL LOOPS THAT WILL SHOW UP ON XRAY,U WILL GO HAVE A SERIES OF EXRAYS HOURS AND DAYS APART .THIS IS THE CHEAPEST AND EASIEST MOTILITY TEST.....IT WILL SHOW WHERE AND IF MARKERS STAY FOR WAY TO LONG. IF U FIND U MAY HAVE A PARALYTIC SMALL OR LARGE INTESTINE THEN U CAN ASK FOR A FULL BLOW MOTILITY TRIAL WITH BARIUM SWALLOW FOLLOWED BY MORE EXRAYS TO SEE MOTILITY TIME......MAYO IN MINN. IS THE GOLD STANDARD ,U NEED DR REFERAL BUT U ARE IN AND OUT WITH 100% ACURATE DIAGNOSIS ,SUPER PLACE. TO RELIVE PAIN WHILE YOU GET THIS FIGURED OUT......I HAVE BEEN ON A 100% LIQUID DIET FOR 10 YEARS....DOING FINE AND MORTAL PAIN IS GONE.PAIN COMES FROM IMPACTION,INTESTINES ARE COVERED IN NERVES. I DRINK 2QTS MILL WITH 4OZ EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL ,ONE OUNCE OF HEP SEED OIL ,ONE OZ OF GRAOE SEED OIL...THESE WILL COVER YOUR CALORIC NEEDS AND PROVIDE YOU WITH ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS AND MANY OTHER NUTRIENTS,ONE QUARTER CUP OF SUGAR FOT THE GLUCOSE FOR BRAIN,,,,,THEN I MAKE A LIQUID PINT OF ALL ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS NEEDED FOR LIFE...GO TO LIBRARY AND CHECK OUT MEDICAL DISEASE MERK MANUAL. IN NUTRITION SECTION U WILL FIND LIST AN QTY FOR ALL NEEDED NUTRIENTS TO STAY HEALTHY.........I ALSO USE US OLYMPIC TEAM NUTRITIONALIST OUT OF AUSTIN TX,GLEN LUEPNITZ , HE IS BRILLIANT AND KIND,HE WILL GIVE YOU A SKIPE OR PHONE VISIT....IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE, THE COST OF ALL MY SUPPLEMENTS ARE $640 A MONTH......SINCE I EAT NO FOOD ,IT BALANCES OUT. HOSPITAL CHARGES $800 A DAY. BUT YOUR DR CAN SEND INSURANCE COMP PRESCRIPTION FOR LIQUID PROTEIN AND SUCH......USE MY NAME WITH DR LUEPNITZ...SO HE CAN RECREATE WHAT HE DID FOR ME FOR ALL OF U. DOCTORS WILL DIAGNOSE UR PROBLEM BUT HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO TREAT......U MUST NOT EAT ANY FIBER OR ANY BULKING AGENTS LIKE PROTEIN POWDERS THAT TURN TO CEMENT IN YOUR GUT....I STOPPED EATING FRO 15 DAY AND KEPT CLEANING MYSELF OUT OF POUNDS OF HARD FECAL MATTER ...PAIN GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT PUT UP WITH THE PAIN OR TAKE PAIN MED......U WILL MAKE IT WORSE!