I understand what hemorrhoids are; I do not need this kind of info. I have this problem for a long time already, and I want to get rid of this. Since my problem does not require surgical yet, I would like to know if there is some way to help myself. I have heard it is important to take care about nutrition, so I want to hear more about this. Can you tell me what kind of nutrition I should intake since I suffer of hemorrhoids?

It is very important for you to prevent constipation, if you suffer of hemorrhoids. That is why you should eat a well-balanced diet, which contains many high-fiber foods. Those are foods, such as fresh fruit, wheat bran muffins, beans, vegetables and whole-grain cereals. Some suggestions are apples, beets, green beans, guar gum, oat bran, Brazil nuts, broccoli, foods in the cabbage family, and carrots. You should also try lima beans, pears, peas, psyllium seed, and whole grains. A high fiber diet is probably the most important consideration in the treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids, so you should remember this. Keep in mind, eating certain foods, especially beets, can cause the stool to become reddish and can be mistaken for hemorrhoid blood. Important is to drink 8 to 10 glasses of fluid daily. Drink plenty of fluids, especially water, because that is preferably steam-distilled or other quality water. Water is the best, most natural stool softener in existence, since it also helps prevent constipation. If you are bothered by persistent bleeding, take vitamin and mineral supplements to prevent anemia that is common problem caused by hemorrhoids.