I have had a colectomy with colon removal. I need to find a diet which will help make formed bowel movements and not urgent runs with watery small movement.

My father had colectomy and here are some tips that will help you recover faster. You should eat your food slowly and chew it longer than usual. If the food is not digested properly you could face problems like diarrhea. Avoid eating too much food for one meal but instead eat 5 or 6 times a day but take small amounts each time because your stomach needs time to digest food.

You should include in your colectomy diet applesauce, yogurt, pasta, boiled rice and sugar free cereals, eggs, fish and other foods which are rich in proteins.

There are also some foods which you shouldn’t consume. For example: raw vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, and beetroot. Then all kinds of beans and wheat and processed meat like ham or pork.  Avoid this food for at least few months.

I hope that this was helpful and if you notice something else you could share so some other people with same problem can be helped. 

I had a colectomy and ileostomoy. I wore the ileostomy for several motnhs while my reconstructive surgery "J Pouch" was healing.

During the ileostomy - agree with other feedback to eat small meals, no carbonation unless you will be at home and can pass gas in private, stay away from uncooked vegetables unless small amounts or raw veggies in small amounts. I reached out to "ostomy support group" awesome - they shared many wonderful insights! It has been 4 years now for me and my small intestines have definitely adjusted. I gained weight at about 2 years and now very normal. As far as the liquid consistency of bowel movements **** I take psylium fiber powder three times a day - it works great!! Can't go without it. I use loose powder 1 tsp in glass of water. I can drink coffee now without it going straight through me. I also use it before meals and at bedtime to keep bowel movements slowed down. It also reduces the acidic burning for us "J pouch" patients who may get rectal / anal burning. If you have an ostomy I would not take fiber in tablet form ever as it may not have time to fully expand. Always try things slowly anyhow. Good luck. Also, a note of cuation - without the colon and water being absorbed back into the body, I started having dehydration issues. My doctor has me sipping water and adding electrolytes (I use Emergen-C packets easy to carry and come with or without Vit. C)