I was surprised when I recently read that cells phones and alcohol aren't the only things to threaten driver safety. Taking common antihistamines sold without a prescription, even at their recommended dose is much more dangerous. Common antihistamines can impair driving more than drinking alcohol to the legal standard of drunkenness. I know that they can cause drowsiness, but I did not expect to see them impair driving performance more than alcohol does. Just to be sure I would like to have list of common antihistamines. Thanks.

Common antihistamines include: Benadryl, Dimetapp, Bromfed, Chor-trimeton, Pediacare, Naldecon, Rynatan, Triaminic, Actifed, Tavist, Rondec, Periactin, Atarax or Vistaril, Claritin, Clarinex, Zyrtec and Allegra. This is very interesting. I wonder does traffic police know this.

Common antihistimanes are usually found in cold medicines or sinus medicines (but read the label because half don't contain them) and there are prescription antihistimanes such as Allegra, Claritin (now over-the-counter), Zyrtec and many others.
Personally I took antihistimanes for about 3 years and had no problems with driving or drowsiness. If I were you see how you react to antihistimanes and if you find your someone that doesn't get drowsy, then you should be fine operating a vehicle. Its just one side effect that effects few people.