Hello!
I have one question. I am 23, female and have a slightly high blood pressure 9this runs in my family), though I try to keep it down by not smoking, drinking, eating in exercising regular … I am a good girl :-)
However, now the exams are here and have a problem that is happening to me the second time and always happens around exams. I get severely itchy hands and feet, could this be connected to blood pressure or stress (exams) or is this lupus or what?
I am very grateful for every response.

Hey there,
First of all, I think it is hard to say if this is lupus we are talking about… I don’t think so and besides that it can be only determined by doctors.
Also, I think it is hard to say whether this is connected to high blood pressure and as you said it is not extremely high, so I don’t think so…
But stress…that could be the right answer… here is one useful advice, that I am using also when I get itchy hands and feet: Benadryl gel, which is extra strength itch reliever…it helps.
Regards!

I woke up one night last week and my one foot was so itchy there was nothing i could do to get relief. a few days later my other foot was also itchy and now both my feet and my hands are itchy. I have tried calamine lotion, hydrocortizone cream, and itching on the carpet with my feet. when i do itch a large area gets puffed up and looks like a huge bug bite(how it gets all white and puffy). my hands do have a rash on them. i have no idea what's caused this. i have not used any new products, especially only on my hands and feet. i am freaking out that i have a disease or something.

My mum and my boyfriend both suffer the same sort of symptoms they both have had dermatitis. but my mums is far worse. hers look like blisters that have spread and formed skin over them. they go all red and they itch like mad.
my mum gave it to my boyfriend as she borrowed his shoes to bring the washing in XD
never use someone elses shoes she always told me

Hi I once had too much pennicillin w/in a certain amount of time due to head colds and became allergic. And my reaction was itchy hands and feet. I called the pharmicist, and they knew right away.
Ask your doctor. I was also about 23 years when this happened to me.
I now cannot take penicillin.
I don't have high blood pressure.
Do you have swelling?

Wow, am I glad to see that I am not the only one out there with this problem. I was beginning to wonder if I had something going on with my brain or the itchy hands and feet were an early symptom of a much worse disease like my liver or parkinsons.

I've been having itchy hands and feet only at night, but usually not every night for the past four to five years. Of course, like every one else that I saw a posting the doctors don't have any explanation. Then, last year my liver enzymes went above normal. I was diagnosed with a genetic disorder hemochromatosis. This is a disorder where my body retains 100% of the iron I consume and then stores the excess iron in my liver, heart and brain. My research on the disorder states this is one of the most underdiagnosed disorders today and that it mostly effects those of european heritage.

Anyway, the disorder is reversible and managable if you catch it early enough by giving blood every so often when your iron starts to climb. I finally thought I had an explanation for my itchy hands and feet. The doctors did a liver biopsy, colonoscopy and upper GI scope to discover I didn't reach any permanent disease yet.

Now, after a year of giving blood I have my iron down to normal but I still have itchy hands and feet. Soooo much for that theory. Now that I know I don't have any liver or GI problems it seems that the itchy hands and feet have to be an allergy of some sort.

Over the years I have made a few observations of what happens before I have an episode of itchy hands and feet. It used to always be in the evening, but recently it sometime happens to a milder state during the day. It can also occassionally itch on my shins or forearms and around my belt line. When I wrestle with my kids my arms and legs will get blotchy red and burn a little.

About one month ago I started having my typical fall sinus type of allergy and started taking claritin once every day or two. Last week I made a comment to my wife that my itching had stopped and maybe it was because my iron was normal and the excess iron was finally out of my organs. Last week I stopped taking the claritin because the allergy season was almost over. Last night I started itching again.

I am on the track that this is some sort of a food or food additive allergy because of this episode happening after an over indulging Thanksgiving dinner. First, I am going to keep my eating habits the same. Second, I am going to start taking Claritin every day. If that works then I will now how to control the itching and start working on what is the cause.

I am currently suspect of the following items: salt, msg, dairy products, and fatty products. I'll come back here to update if I learn anything new.

I'am 31 and my daughter is 12, about 5 days ago we started to have itchy hands and feet too. It is pretty uncomfortable since you can't go in public scratching your feet or your hands like a maniac! The wierd part is that both of us have the same itchyness. i also noticed little bumps in the edge of my fingers (that part is even more itchy). I am wondering if it could be related to PAINT? Since we are painting the house and doing new floors. Any suggestions? Thanks

I've suffered from this for a little over a year now. It's so nice to know there are others out there, although it would be even nicer to NOT itch... I don't have high blood pressure or Lupus or Diabetes, so it's not any of those. I have no idea what it IS, though.

I will pass on that I take Allegra for seasonal allergies, and when I take it I don't itch. One 12-hour pill seems to stop the itch for 2 nights, so at least I don't have to take much. The other thing I've learned is that icing the area seems to kill the itch in seconds. When I forget to take the Allegra and the itch wakes me up, a few seconds with an ice pack applied directly to the itching area and it stops dead. I guess, until I figure out how to stop it for good (or at least what causes it), at least I've found ways to keep from going crazy!

All of these itchy hands and feet sound just like allergies. If you have bumps and peeling skin in addition to the itchiness, that is probably eczema, which is caused by allergies. I would definitely recommend allergy testing to find the source. Often, food allergies will cause these symptoms. For the itchiness that happens only at night, I would think dust or the type of sheets might be worth looking into.

I itch and have eczema on my hands, especially my ring finger. I have many food allergies, including corn, and I am currently trying to eliminate all of the corn so I can stop itching (easier said than done).

I also have high blood pressure. I started having high blood pressure when my corn allergy first started showing up. I am trying to see if there is a link between the allergies and the high blood pressure, but I have not found much. I did see one site that said high blood pressure could be one of many signs of undiagnosed allergies.

Itching and burning hands and feet are a symptom of diabetes, and high blood sugar can cause your blood pressure to be elevated and difficult to control even with BP medicine.

Stress causes your blood glucose levels to be elevated as well.

Not saying you have diabetes, but I'd have the doctor do a test called an A1c to find out for sure.

Ok, I started 3 days ago getting Itchy hands and Feet. It started 3 days ago with my palms itching, then the next night it was the inside of my feet just below the ankles during the day and then at night around 5pm my hands tops and palms itch along with my feet and some times shins until late in the evening. When the itching starts the tops of my hands turn I don't know if it is because of the itching or a function of what is causing it. I am not allergic to anything, in good health and the only change in my eating habit has been the new flavored Triscuit crackers.
I guess I will start with eliminating certain items I am eating to determine if it is allergy or not. I did just finish with a bout of Cold and Sinus issues?

Hi All im a 40 year old male very healthy very rarely get ill but in the last few weeks iv started getting itchy hands to the stage where they feel as if they are burning it nornally starts early in the mornings i work late taxi driving.when i scratch my palms i notice little white circles like polo mints only tiny now my feet have started im going nuts my diet hasnt changed any to my knowlage or my drinking habbits.the only difference in my life is i just got a new car ?could it be that (it has leather seats)good luck all .

HEY!!!!!!THANK GOD ..THANK GOD...SOMEONE FEELS MY PAIN...I THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY....I WENT TO THE DOCTOR FOR MY ITCHY HANDS AND FEET AND THEY COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS, BUT YOUR COMENTS ARE LEADING TOWARDS ALLERGIES...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!YES MY HANDS AND FEET ITCH AT NIGHT AND ONLY AT NIGHT......MY FRIEND SAID THAT ALSO , IT COULD BE SOME KIND OF BACTERIA AND WHEN IT HAPPENS, SOAK YOUR HANDS OR FEET IN COLD WATER IN THE TUB AND IT USUALLY HELPS AND CLEAN SOCKS........BUT I WILL START TAKING ALLERGY PILLS AND SEE....THANKS AGAIN GUYS AND NO UR NOT THE ONLY ONES :-)

Dermatitis is not contagious. It is a genetic disorder affecting the skin and is not transmissible by borrowing/sharing clothing items. Some things that are transmittable by that mode are athlete's foot and jock itch.

If blisters form and are itchy &/or painful, you may be dealing with dyshidrotic eczema, a condition in which tiny blisters form on the hands and feet and cause intense itching. This is a form of eczema and can be treated with topicals &/or oral meds. Your best bet to pinpoint the exact problem would be to go see a dermatologist.

I'm 40 yrs old, female. I've had itchy hands and feet for at least 6 months if not longer. Mostly during at night, sometimes during the day. I have no redness or marks. Just all of a sudden crazy itching. Usually on the top or bottom of both of my hands and/or feet. I feel like I could scratch them off. No idea what has caused it. Was thinking of going into the docs to get tested for whatever??