I have a sister who is diagnosed with ovarian cyst. She told me she has cyst filled with fluid. I wonder if that is normal, if each ovarian cyst is filled with fluid. I would like if anyone could tell me more about problem with cysts filled with fluid. I need to know more about ovaries also, since I do not know quite well, what is its role.

That is common condition where ovarian cysts are fluid filled sacs or pockets on the surface of an ovary. The ovaries are two organs located on each side of a woman's uterus. Eggs develop and mature in the ovaries and are released in monthly cycles during a woman's childbearing years. Many women have ovarian cysts at some time during their lives, and this is nothing scary. Most ovarian cysts present little or no discomfort and are harmless, and majority of ovarian cysts disappear without treatment within a few months. However, ovarian cysts, especially ruptured, sometimes produce serious symptoms that can be life threatening. Everyone needs to know the symptoms and types of ovarian cysts that may signal a more significant problem. If woman have an ovarian cyst, she may experience signs and symptoms such as menstrual irregularities, pelvic pain, and constant or intermittent dull ache that may radiate to lower back and thighs. Ovarian cyst filled with fluid should be examined and treated by her doctor. That is why I would recommend you not to be worried about her, but make sure she will get doctors treatment if is needed for her cyst with filled fluid.