I have had chronic pelvic pain for the past four months and I was sent for a sonogram (transvaginal sonogram). They found multiple cysts in the ovary one with a septation. The ovary is 5.6cm. The major pain is coming from the right side and it indicated that I have a hydrosalpinx. My gynecologist didn’t seem worried about the cysts on the left ovary. He has scheduled me for surgery two weeks from now. I would like to know if the hydrosalpinx can rupture.

I would be worried about cyst with septation if I were you. My sister had hydrosalpinx last year. It is an occasional, known complication of a hysterectomy but they rarely rupture. I know that lots of women have problems with ovarian cysts. There are many different types of ovarian cysts, and they are common gynecologic problem.

Hi -

I have had the same systoms of a possible Cyst. But i was wondering can cysts be uncomfortable off and on or are they a constant pain?

cysts can hurt intermittently but some can cause almost constant pain

I just has my right tube removed from a hydrosalpinx (3 1/2 by 1 cm) three weeks ago. I was in a lot of pain for 4-5 weeks prior to surgery. I scheduled the surgery as soon as possible because of the pain and the fear of rupture. No one actually told me it could rupture, but I think it grows and could possibly rupture. This was in the exact place where I had ectopic pregnancy rupture 3 years ago, which was EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I didn't want to go through that feeling again.

Also, I have PCOS and with the sonograms you can see cycts on the ovaries, which don't really bother me. The doctor scraped the big ones away, cut some adhesions that connected different organs (from prior laproscopy surgery) and tested the other tube to see if it was open.

3 weeks ago, I had a pelvic exam and informed my women's health practioner that I had been having pain on the left side of my pelvis for around 6 months. She sent me for a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound. Results are that I have a 5-6 cm septated cyst on my left ovary. She is referring me to a differnet OB/GYN for further testing.

Should I be concerned?

I don't want to get overwhelmed by all the information out there, so I am trying to keep it is simple as I can.