Approximately 3 weeks ago, I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured. Afterwards, I had quite a bit of vaginal discharge which was a milky/clear substance. It also has a medium-strong odor. I am wondering if this is just the cyst continuing to leave my body? I have light infrequent cramps. I have also douched two times since then but it's not helping. I am wondering if this is normal or if I should seek a doctor visit?
Thank you

hey there.. i have the same thing and it has happened to me twice. i have never been ultra sound or anything but my sympotoms where like that after the doctor told me that one had ruptured.. i had bleeding. and then just strong discharge for a while then it went away, i think you wil be alright. if it continues more than a month i would go to the doctors but i just toughed it out.

hey there i have a question did you have a mucus discharge to i have the same milky discharge and i have been diagnosed with ovarian cyst and i thought i was alone on that one my lower stomach hurts and i have a constant have to go pee sensation and iv been to the do c and they tell me I'm fine i don't think so I'm going back but dose anyone fell like me?or am i just paranoid i keep comparing the symptoms to chlamydia and i have been in a relationship for 6 years

Yes i got the same syptoms and pee alot thinking of going to see the doctor but afraid of the bad news

I just went to the ER the other day and found out I had 2 small cysts on my left ovary. The first time I found out I had a cyst was last year and it was the size of a small aplle. It took me 2 hospitals and 1 gynecologist office before I found my recent gyn. He ran all the test and told me. If something is wrong be persistent and find someone that will listen. When I found out I was on the brink of surgery, but because of my age he opted out and gave me contraceptives. That cyst did go away after 3 month. The 2 I have now I think I caught just in time. They are filled with fluid and I had some clear discharge at first. When I told the ER doctor my history of the prior cyst they did an internal sonogram and found that one ruptured and was leaking blood. They sent me home with pain meds and told me to follow up with my gyn. Nyc hospitals (some not all) are full of it. You would think they would give me antibiotics or something just so there is no chance for infection . Either way I'm scheduling an appt for Monday. My discharge now is like a creamy white which I've never had before. Always go to people that will listen and will really help you. My gyn now does blood work for me every time I come to his office and I go for ultrasounds at least twice a year or whenever I see symptoms I've seen before. Good luck ladies :-)

I had a ruptured cyst a week ago. I spent an overnight in the hospital. Again, the Dr decided to forgo surgery b/c of my age (26). I was prescribed birth control and pain meds. I was told my body would absorb the blood. The Dr also did a gonorrhea/chlamydia test which came back negative. My question is that I have discharge (normal enough), but it is yellowish and has an odor. Any ideas? I have a follow up appointment next week, so I guess I will find out then:)

I did not know these things existed! Oh my! Welcome to Womanhood!! I am feeling much better though:)

Hi everyone,

I have had all the symptoms and gone through surgery, as Im told that a leaking cyst can be dangerous especially if the discharge stays inside the womb it can Im told infect the womb and cause serious damage. I had my op 2 years ago now and what a relief for me it was, as for two years I was very weak, tired and in so much pain on and off, felt like someone was stabbing me now and again until it got very bad and the pain was unbareable, now time has gone by and Im sad to say the symptoms are back I think it that time again, I have an appointment tomorrow and to be honest this time I fear the worst, as the pain is on both sides of my pelvis and Ive been tired for a few months now, and sore breasts which I did not have last time, Im very worried this time as all my symptoms which I have not put on here may just be minor or serious. How likely is it that ovarian cysts reaccur, or could be cancerous??, My doctor is seeing going to examin me tomorrow, I just hope all is ok but does anyone know more about these things??

Most ovarian cysts are noncancerous just a real pain to deal with!!! It is very likely for you to get reoccuring cysts. If you have had one before they tend to come back a few times in your life. I have had them 5+ times and am only 23. Also cysts tend to run in your family. My father gets them all the time, all over his body. I have recently had a cyst and was told it was filled with blood. I was in pain out of nowhere, and I assumed my cyst had ruptured but something strange happened to me with this cyst that never did before. Every time I pee I have a really strange color coming out (dark red/brown) and strange particles inside. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I am assuming it is the cyst/blood expelling from my body but it has never occured in the past and now I also have irritation and bad discomfort. Could I have an infection? Or is it normal for this to happen after a cyst ruptures? Help anyone??

Hi, I'm 17 and a few months ago my doctor found a four centimeter cyst on my right ovary. The doctor never did anything to treat it and the other day it ruptured. The pain caused me to collapse outside of my school. At the hospital they just treated me for the pain but didn't do anything about all the fluid. I was wondering if that would cause any problems? I'm really worried and still in quite a bit of pain. If there's anything I should do, please say something bc no one is helping me out with this. Thanks.

I'm 20 years old and I've had three cysts since last October and have been on the pill for over two or three years. My doctor and what research I've done, told me that reoccurring cysts could mean that you have endometriosis which is very common in women in the reproductive years. I'm getting tested for it soon.

I had the same situation, I was experiencing sharp pain on my left side and all of a sudden at work my left hip looked swollen. I ended going to the emergency, they run several test on me, and I was told by the Doctor that my cyst ruptured. He gave me a pain killer at the emergency room ,but prescribed me 800mg of motrin for the pain. He did say, that is why my left hip looks inflamed because of the fluid, and will go down. He also said that my body will heal it by itself, and to take the motrin for pain, and to schedule an appointment with my gyno for a further examination. In a few day the swelling went down and so did the pain, and when i went to my gyno he just did further examinations to keep on eye on it, and nothing more. What I did to cope with the pain, is put on heating pad on the area so that you can relax you muscles, TRY no to be stressed or upset! this will slow the process for your body to heal by itself, it will only make you tense and you muscle contract. Drink lots of water, so that you cleans your body, and lots of rest. Dont go to gym, and avoid any exercise Eat light meals, nothing heavy that will irritate your stomach and your resting periods.

Hi there, I have been having really strange cycles for the past 3 months and now I am having a lot of pelvic pain. My mother was my age (27) when she had to have a hysto because of ovarian cysts and I am experiencing all of the same things she experienced. I have on and off stabbing pain and period like cramps constantly. I have also had a yellow mucousy discharge, but it doesn't have an odor. I called my GYN, but they can't see me for another month. The nurse seemed really concerned when I talked to her last week, she said that my Doc was out of town and that he would probably want to do a sailine ultrasound, but she wanted to check with him. She called me back today and said, "well he just wants to see you for your normal pap", and all of the concern I thought she had was out the window. I was feeling better for a few days, but tonight I am in pain again. Does anyone think it is time for me to find a new provider? They were great when I was pregnant...

I found out i have cycts about a month ago 2 in my left one n my right

well my sis in law and her sis in law both have them ages 18 and 26 but her sis in-laws (26yrold) pain was so bad they did surgery and removed them and not tring to scare anyone but they found cancer under her syct during the surgery..

..i asked the ultrasound tech....he said he would deffinetly be able to spot it if it were to spread they took her cancer out shes ok now.
thats all i really know about cysts so far

i have questions and conerns about my cottge cheese dicharge just wondering if it was a ruptured sis or not

HERES A REMEDY FOR OUR ANNOYING CYSTS I FOUND

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

If you have white cottage discharge that's a yeast infection. Being a girl sucks!!!! I have been spotting for 2 weeks now. The last day of my period I was asleep and this really sharp pain woke me up. It was from my right side down to my groin. Two days later i had a mucusy discharge with blood in it, after that i started spotting. I went to my OBGYN he said i probably had a cyst burst and that the bleeding was due to me having a swollen cervix. That was two weeks ago I am still spotting although now it's a brownish spotting? Do any of you know what this might be?

I am 18 and have endometriosis and ovarian cysts (i was diagnosed at 15). I had a sharp stabbing pain while at school and i just shook it off, seeing as how its normal for me. but when i went to the restroom i saw a milky yellowish discharge with like a brownish tint and idk if a cyst ruptured or if its a reaction to the medication im on (lupron depot).