I had a large ovarian cyst removed two weeks ago and have started having the same symptoms again. Can a cyst come back this quickly?

Hi, I too had an ovarian cyst approximately 50 mm and I had to undergo a laproscopy and got it drained and it filled right back up in two weeks after the lap surgery. I had a post surgery doc follow up and saw and it showed up as 30mm ...I am strressed as I have never had to deal with cysts in my life so far and I am 33 yrs old. Is this re-occurence of the cyst normal?

I had an ovarian cyst drained about a week and a half ago and now I am starting to have the same symptoms. 3 weeks before that I had my apendix out because they thought that was what was causing the pain. Now I am really worried. Can they really come back that fast?

I, too, had surgery for an ovarian cyst about 2 months ago. About 2 weeks after the surgery I was having pain like I had before, but my doctor said it was just from the surgery. 3 weeks ago I went back for another ultrasound because the pain continued and I now have another cyst on the same ovary. I now see that it's pretty normal. My cyst was 4 inches before and now it's about 2. It hurts really bad still, not fun!

I had 5 cm laparascopic cystectomy a month ago and found it coming back after 1 month. the problem is its more painful than before.

I'm only 17 and had surgery in March of this year. I had a 2cm cyst on my left ovary and a 5cm cyst on my right. After surgery I was fine for about a month until I started having all the symptoms I had before, finally the doctors sent me to have an ultrasound earlier this week and they found a 4.6cm cyst on my right ovary. Now I presume that this cyst has come back as it was only drained and not removed. If anybody knows if they can come back this quick and with lumping and pain in the right side please feel free to write back. Thanks.

I had surgery 2 months ago to remove my appendix ad I was in a hell of alot of pain and their thought that was the issue.. Found out during the surgery I had a few rather large cyst which were drained. two weeks later I was complaining of the same pain again.
After going to the doctor every week for 5 weeks I finally got them to agree to send to my a gyno..
Once there he told me that if they are drained they will fill back up so they have to be removed.
So I am once again booked into surgery for next week. Really annoyed due to the fact Ive only just got over the last surgery

I to just had surgery to removes a 7cm right ovarian cyst, just under 2 weeks ago. last night I went back to the ER cause i was having horrible pain on the left side. ct scan showed the cyst was back in the right ovary. I dont see my gyno for my post up till june 13. It sucks cause when they first found the cyst i had to go back to the Er twice. I went the first time thinking I had a kidney infection, they said it was one and sent me home, the pain didnt get better in fact it got worse. I went back and they asked if I knew I had a cyst, I thought they were talking about the one I had in my left ovary and said so, they were like no the cyst in your right. they said it was pretty big, saw gyno who said they like to make it more than it is till she saw it for herself and 2 weeks after that surgery. now its back and they wont tell me anything, no size or anything. they put me on stronger pain meds and told Me to see a gyno in 2 days and not to wait. I'm worried.

I also have this problem,but it only in my left ovary.my doctor said that i need to go for surgery,but it can back so to avoid it happen again i should take pills to control the cyst form again.

Shame with me, do i need to go back to hospital? because i am the pain is too sore and my painkillers aren't doing much

revie2011 wrote:

Imogen Heather Keenan wrote:

WHICH PILLS do we take???????????????????????????????????????????

i have my 8cm left ovarian cyst removed last March 6, 2013. The doctor asked me to do ultrasound after 2 months of the operation. if i can remember, my period was last March 8, April 6 and May 4. when I had my ultrasound done, (May 14) they found a small cyst measuring 1.83cm AGAIN on the left ovary. YES it can return that fast. you can do options like take a birth control pill cause it stops you from ovulating or get pregnant. =)

I am 18 years old and I have had two unusually large cysts. The first one was removed and it had 3 Liters of liquid in it. The second one came almost immediately after the surgery and I will be having surgery to have it removed in a week. It is almost the same size. 

i am 19 years old. i had one surgery a year back and now i am having the same symptoms and again i'll have to be operated. now i'm just tensed if just after the second surgery what if the cyst occurs again... i want to know why this ovarian cyst occurs and if after two surgeries, does it still occur again?

I had surgery for 2 cysts on each of my ovaries. Has anyone had trouble conceiving after the surgery? We have been trying for 5months.