Hi, I am a thirty five years old woman. Few months ago I have had intense pain in my lower abdomen. I went to see my gynecologist. When he finished examining me he told me that he suspects that I might have an ovarian cyst that has ruptured and that is the reason of my pain, and he sent me to have an ultrasound. His diagnose was confirmed and I was send to surgery. The surgeon removed the cyst and the right ovary because it was damaged. Now I would like to get pregnant as soon as possible. When can I have intercourse to conceive a child?

Hi, I experienced ovarian cyst rupture when I was twenty five. It was the worst pain I have ever had. Until this happened I was not aware that I even had an ovarian cyst. I was rushed to the surgery, but because of my age they did not remove the whole ovary, only the cyst tissue. After the surgery my gynecologist prescribed me birth control pills. I don’t know when you can have intercourse for conceiving a child because I am not thinking about that yet. I think that the best thing for you would be to talk to gynecologist. He will determine the right course of treatment so that you can start expanding your family.

I have experienced many ovarian cyst ruptures. I have PCOS. It is very painful. I also experience pain with my cysts before they rupture..so it's an ongoing pain for me anymore. My hubby and I are trying to have a baby! I know how frustrating it can be...good luck! :-)

i am 22 and have experienced my first ovarian cist and having it ruptured. this rupturing cist was on my right ovary, i was hospitalized for 3 days, no surgery only antibiotics because i was told i had a severe infection. i am in so much pain and not really sure what to do to get rid of the pain, or when it will even go away. i am terribly afraid of everything that has happend in the past week. it all happend so fast, and honestly i do not have faith in what my doctors have told me. this is the first i have heard of cists and what they happens when you have one that ruptures. i am down on myself and depressed. i am not able to do much standing, walking, or anything that doesnt require laying down. i am an active young woman and am not used to anything like this. i could use some comforting advise and words if any one out there has any. i feel sorry for my family and friends for seeing me go thru this and not knowing how to help. this pain happend in one day, there was not any warning at all, after feeling the uncontrollable pain i was rushed to the ER.

Hi, I am 20 and my doc recently told me that I have a ruptured cyst...i have had a sharp pain on my right side and at first i thougth it might have been my appendix until she told me it was a cyst. It was discovered because I visited the doc since I have had my period for almost a month without stop. She up my dose on Progesterone and told me to take 4 birth control pills a day so i can finish the pack in a week. I dont know after reading articles im afraid i may have an infection since by now the pain should have subsidided...any suggestions?

i'm in the same position i'm just praying bc i'm like still in pain and was sent home they said follow up in a couple days i really just want to be ok lol, i feel like its more to know or check out.

I am one of those lucky people who have had many cysts rupture, the first time so many ruptured they couldnt even county and they went in to my abdomine with a vaccume. I was hospitalized for 10 days and couldnt walk for almost a month. Since then i have had around 15 rupture at different times. Im writing back about the pregnancy things, you should still be able to get pregnant with sex. the only time this is a real problem is if there is scar tissue. Go to your dr and they will be able to tell you. and to tmiller, yes it is very frusterating, but the pain does go away and youll be fine. I must say being a girl is fantastic especially when we have to worry about parts of our bodies rupturing. lol.

Hello!
I also had an ovarian cyst removed about 7 weeks ago, mine did not rupture however it was so large it had to be removed quickly in case of a sudden rupture. It was the hardest thing i've ever had to deal with, and get my head around. I had my right ovary taken out and was in hospital for four days.
I could not walk properly for about two weeks, depending on my family a great amount. And could not take part in my normal sports.

I have had alot to deal with at school like catching up on missed work and exams i've missed. As I am only 15 years old and am currently working towards my GCSE's.

I am also wondering how long it is you are adviced to wait before sexual intercourse.

Thanks

Hi, I would like to help answer the pregnancy and sex after ovarian surgery questions.
I am a 25 year old woman, I was rushed to the ER 3 weeks ago with intense abdominal pain. I'd been bleeding internally for about 4 hours by the time I got to the hospital. like many of you I had emergency surgery and had my left ovary removed. Was in hospital for four days and am getting back to normal. The cyst I had on my ovary actually ruptured during intercourse with my boyfriend of 6 years. We're extremely comfortable and trust each other, we had sex 2 weeks after my surgery. He just went very slow and was careful and everything was fine. What helped me feel comfortable with having sex after the surgery is thinking about our female anatomy. In specific I thought about how sex works, where ovaries and uterus are positioned. The penis doesn't cross the cervix which is pretty far in there, (if anything the penis might hit the cervix which can sometimes cause that ache feeling, which you want to avoid a bit after the surgery because that can hurt a bit more than usual). The uterus is beyond the cervix and our ovaries sit parallel to the top of our uterus. So the healing ovary or part of the uterus is not touched during sex since the penis will not pass the cervix therefore you should be safe to have sex after an ovarian surgery. However, you'll probably a bit more tender so you should make sure that your pain has subsided tremendously, make sure that your husband or boyfriend knows to go easy, you should have good communication between the two of you so he knows your signals to stop and I think that trust is important so you feel confident that he will stop if you're feeling pain. Also make sure that you feel comfortable. It's your body and you're in charge.
I don't see anything wrong with trying to get pregnant as soon as you feel you're ready, go slow, try it out and play it by ear.
I hope this was helpful.

my girlfriend had an ovarian cyst and

my girlfriend had ovarian cysts on both ovaries and had 95% of them removed this was six years ago since then she has lost all libido i have tried everything you can think of she has spent the last 3 years going to a 'specialist' gynaecologist which has done nothing to help (first told her it was in her head, then it was hormone therapy (light 1% cream) now hes doing a herball method. by the way she can only see him every 6 months i reckon hes a crock of sh*t but she only trusts him) i am now 25 she is 35 (been with her since 19 :-) ) i love her and idont want to cheat on her ever ( even though she has told me i can sleep with others about 2 years ago but i cant do it) but im still young and have real needs i want to help her get back her libido does anyone, anyone have anything i can try. i swear ill try voodoo anything but leave her over this. i probably sound like a winger but i am a srong willed/moralled/headed man whos nrever reached out for help on this matter but ive reached breaking point pls help

To the guy that the girlfriend has no Labido. I myself battle with the cysts- It is scary to have something shoved up there when you keep having it messed with surgically. (Talk about sex being the furthest from my mind) I myself was told this week after my follow up from a double cyst removal (one from each ovary) that the next cyst I have they will remove my ovaries. I have 2 kids but am only 26. Scary thought so I am having a second opinion. Just to be safe. I have had surgery after surgery for this and my boyfriend and I still have a very healthy sex life. Yes it is a bit scary the first time we have sex after the surgery- but it goes back to the same routine after a few days of just taking it easy. There is obviously something with this doctor that she needs apparantly if she is being too stubborn to have a second opinion- I would give her an ultimatum- see another doctor to see what he/she says or you need to walk away. If she is telling you that you can sleep with other women- then she does not think highly enough of herself or of your relationship. This is one of those times that age is not just a number. The age difference is going to weigh on the relationship and make you miserable for the rest of your life. Even if I had no desire to have sex because of my issues I would fake it to make my man happy or make my mouth useful for something other than telling him to go sleep with other women. Especially if it was someone you cared about, the thought of that would kill me.

Hi i am 25 years old and i just experienced a ruptured cyst it started friday night and i waited till Monday to go tot the doctor. the doctor thought it was appendicitis and sent me tot he emergency room. I was so worried i was freaking out they even had to give me tranquilizers to calm me down i was hysterical and in excruciating pain. I did not need surgery because there was no internal bleeding. They sent me home after a day with just prescription for Motrin. its been 2 days the pain is better but im still so worried that something else was damaged. did u have any side effects? Do u ever have pain there? Any info would be helpful. Hope ur feeling better

hi I'm 24 and on a Monday night I had bad pain around my belly button area. I went to the urgent care Tuesday afternoon and they told me it was also my appendicitis. I had blood work and everything normal. Had a ultrasound and they found fluid they said that it was an ovarian cyst had reputed. They sent me home and that was that. Wednesday morning I went to get my iud out and gyn said that the iud causes ovarian cyst. I have been bleeding for the last 4 day with small bloodcloths . Can some please help sorry I couldn't help you I'm in the same boat.

GF libido: she is so frightened that nobody can touch her. If you can caress her instead of having sex, also perhaps you also use lubricant, perhaps she takes hydrocodone / tramadol (not too much just one time before and a normal to low dosage for her) before so she will not fear of having any pain. Tramadol will do good because she will not fear of pain and she will feel happy like a little high. Plan it in vacation.

Also she should try relaxation, or just taking a stretch class on a regular basis, that will do it. Good luck. That should work.