I am 23 yrs old and have been on depo-provera shots for 7yrs. My periods were completely stopped so its been 7 yrs since I have had one. I was put on it because of heavy and painful periods.
Anyways near the beginning of Aug I was in horrible pain on my right side, lower stomach and back. I went for an ultrasound and was told I had a 3.7cm cyst on right ovary.
Mid Aug I was in pain still so they looked again and it had turned to a complex cyst. Same size but with 3 daughter cysts inside of the main one. They booked me in to see an OB for Sept 21 and had an ultrasound booked for a week before then.
I started having dark brown discharge and was told it was old blood. This discharge went on it just before Sept 1. I went for my ultrasound on the 13th and was told the cyst was gone but a new one had appeared on my left ovary and its a complex as well. After the ultrasound the dark brown discharge started up again, I am cramping and bloated. It is not fresh so I know its not a period.

Anyways I don't see the OB till Tue (Sept 21) and I'm just too anxious to wait to find out what the problem could be. I have been told by my family Dr. i have PCOS. Also 3 generations, 4 women, have had either uterine or cervical cancer and ended up with an hysterectomy all between 20-40. My mother had her right ovary removed as well because it was enlarged and badly scarred from so many cysts. My great grandmother had 3 ovaries! I am worried I will follow in these family genes. Should I be worried these symptoms could mean a cancer or am I just getting too paranoid?

I just created an acct and figured I should re post with it on my topic.