I just hope that this can help someone who has been drinking heavy!! I am 27 years old and have been drinking since I was 16 I have always been a party person and loved to drink.. on the weekends would get so drunk I would black out and wake up hung over.. I used to just sleep it off and then drink again... the last year I started getting bad anxiety so I would drink to calm it.. in the morning I would wake up hungover and with the worst feelings so I started taking shots in the morning to make it go away.. this helped for a few months.. I was drunk almost all day everyday, then I started getting the shakes, sweating and it the drinking wasnt helping!! I actually went through major withdrawls... I would wake up at night and take swigs off of a bottle of whatever booze I could find and I would get back to sleep, then wake up in 2 hours and repete. it was horrible.. I did have alcohol withdrawl It was so bad but I got through it.. I then would drink in moderation but it would just get to be more and more drinking... then I woke up on the floor of a store and I had had a seizure!!! couldn't believe it.. was in the hospital and now am on meds. It was because of alcohol withdrawl. I am now ready to not drink because I went throught yet another withdrawl.. and seizures.. this is what will happen if you drink heavy.. I thought I could handle it but it has ruined so much in my life!!! I hope that after a year on my meds... I can be a healthier person and someday maybe be a social drinker but to all of you out there who get anxiety and everything it will only get worse with drinking!! you don't want to go through a seizure!! Then it is over! there will be no socila drinking and you will be effected forever.. good luck..

Thank you for sharing your valuable personal experience with us.

I think it's great that you posted this and very brave too. A lot of people can be judgmental about drinking and I think that it's important that you've shared your experiences and your recovery so that people who are drinking can get help and have hope for the future. Thanks again for sharing this helpful story.

i had withdrawl seizures many times or while drinking. you are 27 i'm 43 went to rehab 3 times then kept it up.ruined alot of my life also. started suboxone 3 days ago and you can seriously die if you dring on it. my. dr. is an addictionologist. he says it helps w/ cravings  and takes away alot of the sentions of pleasure if you drink so it's a waste of time. the fda approvess it fo opiates not alcohol yet . i took a shot twice one a mo. called vivitrol.didn't work for me but i know it has worked miracals for die hard alcoholics much older than me. 2 things you might want to try. alcohol is a monkey on your back you need a support group counseling at support groups you meet new friends that don't drink and know what you are going through. your young and it will only get worse. i am committed to do it now. growing up an athlete cheerleader college dropped out, lost the love of my life and some other good one's to never finished college, have pancreatis bouts which i'll now have the rest of my life, ruined my reputation, lost a lot of friend and respect. 2 duis havn't driven in 7 years. single lost a lot of love i'm considered to be very good looking. but alone. so if you start now, you may have a chance. i'm the exact oppisite place i thought i would be in. dissapointed my whole family. at your age, if you keep it up, i guarentee it will only get worse. if you think you can be a social drinker, you need to face the truth that i'm sure you know deep inside. you can't ever be a social drinker, starts that way but you'll end up where you are now but worse. you have to ask yourself if this is worth it all in the long run.so many recovering alcoholics i've met saay it will get easier every day they look back on thier drinking days and realize how much happier they are now.. in rehab they always what you need to change is everythin. this time i'm sticking to it ou need rehab and not just stay through the detox period.and pray. by the way alcohol detox is the most dangerious of any other drug.this is what i was told in rehab by the dr.s and nurses. other drugs you can get really sick and miserable but it's the only one you can actually die from. i have to start my whole life over at 43. and when i was 27, i wasn't nearly as bad at you plus i worked at my boyfriens bar and could drink all i wanted when ever i wanted. i was planning on being a successful attorney now. but never finished school.and at your age and rate you will most likley end up with pancreatitis. and i can't tell you how excrutiating it is. pray for you that you just do it now.pray for me. itt's no cake walk to begin with but i wish i just stck w the program in the first place back then because i wouldn't be where i am now all over booze shame.

I finally thought I should just look up what's going on with me? Geez when I was younger I could go out socially & drink- usually wine- but then that made my stomach feel sour & I would vomit- then I got married & had my kids & never would drink again. But my oldest turned 18 yrs old in 2000. I was a model for Saks Fifth Avenue- lots of drinking. But never when my children were little- then son leaves. I couldn't handle him not in the house or just knowing he wasn't going to come home at night- no I'm not a "helicopter" mother but that's when the problem started. Out my friends- drinking just probably to forget. Then I was good till about 2006. I didn't even think I was drinking much- yes bottle of wine in my wine chest- never did drugs..then 2008 I had a really bad seizure- my son was home from college with his beautiful girlfriend in which her and I became great friends. But my stomach was starting to hurt & I couldn't go to the gym anymore. She was at my condo & I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days- vomiting- then I started seeing lights that were purple- then she was calling 911 & I had a full blown seizure- when to woke up the police are in my room- the EMT in my room & asking me who the current President is? Hell if I knew! 10 days in ICU- so ok... I can't drink. Then 2013 my children are grown up- I'm out with friends so why not? Drink some wine, then my favorite Absolute & Lemon. Then I'm ok-ish. No hangover. Then I stop for a few more months- go out again then I come home & wake up to these strange lights again. This time bright blue circles with a bright red middle. Things are like moving in my room- dots on the ceiling. Oh I knew what was going to happen. I called 911 but I was on the floor after another seizure . Dr tells me it does not matter how long I don't drink but my body rejects it. I just every now & then go & have a good time? I had acute Pancreatic problems again. Am I alone?

You are not alone, LeenaD. I also have alcohol withdrawal seizures, but not as bad as yours. I have left temporal lobe partial complex seizures. After I quit for months, I would have one drink every couple weeks and before long I started feeling bad about an hour after drinking. Couple of times I drank a few beers instead of just one, same thing. About an hour after the last drink I felt it again. My neurologist explained that my "tolerance threshhold" lowers with drinking, and then it takes less and less to have a bad reaction. Now I have ataxic gait and sometimes can't find the right words to say, basically I have balance issues, unsteadiness, speech and hearing issues, much like when a person is drunk. These balance and auditory problems most often are permanent. They have even tested me for degenerative brain diseases etc but it came up negative (thank you!). So I know I cannot drink even one drink, every drink I have at this point will just make it worse. Some of us just have lower tolerance for alcohol. I hope it helps to know that you are not alone. And I hope you get feeling better and never have another seizure.