My son is a runner, and ever since he has been in competing he has has issues with vomiting. He has been checked out by a physician ( EKG, Echo, even MRI of the Brain for associated headaches) and got a clean bill of health. We kept thinking he would out grow it (he is now in college) but he continues to struggle with this - the last race not even being able to make it across the finish line before the vomiting began!! Any suggestions? Or explanations? Or is it just a mental block in his head?
Thanks

This is very unique problem, especially when there is no medical explanation for it. But maybe you are right, it might all be in his head. Does that happens only on big races like 8k or whenever he runs? If only on big races, than he is probably a little fright, the tension is too high for him. He could try to race many different tracks so you could see does that happen whenever he runs or just on big tracks.

hm... my friend has a same problem when she exaggerates... really... i couldn't believe it - but i saw it with my own eyes.

she wasn't running for a while and we went running. her willpower is very strong and if she decides she will run 3 miles she will do it, and she did it - afterward she sopped and vomited - i couldn't believe it....

maybe this kind of distance is just too much for your son ... or maybe as you said it yourself it is just a blockade in his head...