So yet again I'm in the situation with a several races close together. I really want to run the marathon on 2/29, but I know I'm not ready for it. I haven't been running since late December (with the exception of last week). I'm pretty sure I could complete the full, but it wouldn't be pretty. It's also $70, which I think is very steep. There's also a half and 5k, if anything else I'd do the half. There's also a 10k here in Baton Rouge on 2/21. It's 8 days sooner (8 days less prep) and a mere $12 to enter. It's supposedly a relatively large, well organized 10k. The times from recent years are pretty impressive, and I most likely wouldn't even place in age group. I've considered doing the 10k and marathon, but that's probably not the best idea. Another 10k is on 3/13. I'd have a good chance of winning this age group, judging from recent years, but it's a relatively new race and probably not that great. Throw some opinions my way.

Since you don't think you are prepared for the marathon, skip it. Do the 10k races.

I didn't read your comments before casting my vote, but now that I have I would do the first 10k and the half. Use the 10k as a warmup. You could probably do the second 10k too, provided you didn't run the full marathon. And I AM a girl....

Do them all you big Sissy! What kind of runner actually prepares for a race? After all it's simply left/right repeat. Breathe in/breathe out. As long as you can do those things, you can finish.

do the 10ks......get a couple of 1/2s or 20k in late summer and prepare for a fall marathon.....uninjured (the best marathons are all in the fall anyway)

If you only started back running in December and your thinking about running a marathon your dreaming. Your not in serious condition to run a decent 10km. however, by using the two 10km's and running them at faster than normal training pace (not your normal 10km. race pace) you will be setting your self up well for longer distance races in the future.

After thought: You could use the marathon as an EASY (time not being the object) long distance run in company and drop out at say 18 -20 mile when ever you start to lose form.
Personally I'd stick to the two 10km's

I say do the 2 10ks. Definitely you are not conditioned for the marathon considering that you skipped a month of running. You should probably get some training time in (at least 5-6 months) before attempting a marathon. During that time you may do a couple of halfs as training runs.

Look at doing the 2 10K's and find a fall marathon when you have time to train properly!!

Good Luck.