Iv got my first race ever on sunday :wiggle: , its a cheeky 10k race in preperation for a half marathon next month. I was just wondering what i should due training and diet wise this week to maximise my performance, and ensure i have one of those runs where i feel like i could run for ever?

i'd stay hydrated and forget the junk food; empty calories are stupid.
no running on saturday. no speedwork or long runs late in the week.

best of luck on the 10K -- have fun with it. :wavey:

The only other suggestion I would make - Resist the urge to run fast early at the start of the rest. Too many people sprint out of the start (mainly due to the excitement of the race) and run out of gas early. Happens ever race I go to.

Good luck to you in your first race!

Sorry more newb questions!

What do you use to fasten your numbers to your shirt? Safty pins?

The race is at 9.30 in the morning, and it is a far drive away so I will have to get up early. Should i have breakfast?, or should i just have a high carb dinner?

Use safetly pins. Usually they will have some for you to use when you pick up your number or get to the race site, but take a few in case. Pin the number to the FRONT of your shirt.

I totally agree with the 'don't go out too fast' advise. In both of my 10k races, I went my usual pace and caught and past everyone who peeled out at the start: they were worn out by the 5k mark.

If you haven't experimented with eating then running in the mornings, then I would recommend a light breakfast, maybe a Clif bar and some juice.

Good luck! What do you normally eat on the morning of early runs? Try to stick with tried and true. And let us know the results!

Good Luck! :D

iv never run in the morning , im too lazy, i always run after work at around 6pm.