There's a gal that runs in just about every race I run in. She's awesome. She ran a 10k this weekend in 37 minutes. Heck she usually beats the men as well. The races in our area are very small, if you get 100 people that's a crowd. I've been to most of these races for the past 3 years and she's won every time. I've never seen anyone come close. So my question is this: When you're this good do you hang around and beat the pants off of slow people constantly or should you move on to bigger and better things??

Both.

Just my two cents, but she should move up. But it is kind of a tough call seeing as we're talking about running races where the men and women run together. My guess is she likely 'competes' in her mind against the men and the local guys that finish around her. On the other hand though, to throw in a handful of 'big time' races each year, she will provide some competition to regional standout women and promote some stronger womens' fields where finishing times in her zone are thin.
From a personal perspective, here in Wobegon we have a fellow that was like this for 25-yrs! He'd dust everyone in area races and then often hit a bigger regional race for a top-10 finish. But he seemed to not even enjoy the local wins because it was so routine. Anyway, now that he's crested the 40-yr old mark, he's left the local scene alone and only runs the rare big time race. Which is kinda nice for the rest of us in that we have the rare chance now to break the tape.

speaking as a dominating runner...with 4 age group place winnings this year...

Just Kidding I suck....

I guess it's up to the person. I mean, some people are satisfied with what they are satisfied with.

If I was that talented, I would surely do something else, but maybe this lady just happens to be happy with what she is doing? :shrug:

There is a guy like that around here too. He does both.