I’ve been bleeding for more than two years straight and I can’t take it anymore!  It used to be very heavy  - I’d get big clots and soak through a super plus tampon  in 30 minutes but after my GP  put me on Depo Provera the bleeding has slowed to light.  But it’s still there.  Everyday.  I’m 33.

I am overweight which rules me out of some types of BCP and I’ve been told I have a hormone imbalance but surely there’s something that can stop it?!  I’ve stopped taking the Depo Provera (was on for it a 15 months) because I seemed to be getting side effects  - huge boil like spots on my bum and back, night sweats and I’ve been so over emotional, crying at the smallest thing.  Since stopping the Depo in January the bleeding hasn’t got any heavier - I just need it to go away.  I’ve had lots of tests, an ultrasound, a hysteroscopy and a laparoscopy which showed several adhesions on my bowel which explained the pain I’ve been experiencing but not the bleeding - no cysts, no fibroids, no endometriosis.  I’ve seen gynaecologists and they’ve said that they can’t find anything wrong either, just to have Depo Provera or a Mirena.  I had a Mirena but it came out and it was such a nightmare I don’t want another one. 

I’d love to have a sex life again but even getting aroused makes the bleeding heavier.  I’d love to be able to wear a colour other than black on my bottom half - even though the bleeding is lighter I do occasionally get heavier days with no warning.  I’d love to not worry about this anymore. I’ve just been prescribed Metformin to regulate my hormones but I understand it’s likely to be several months before there is any effect. 

Has anyone gone through anything similar?  What made it stop?  Also, I’m overdue a smear/pap test but because of the bleeding I’ve not been able to book an appointment.  Does anyone know if you can have the test if the bleeding is only light?  Sorry for the super long post. 

I have been bleeding since September it is now July. I went to Emergency and they did all the tests , negative. They gave me birth control pills and told me to double up the first few which actually worked for 2 days. Then it started again, double or single. I am going for a colposcopy on Monday. If the tests come back negative I will request a hysterectomy. I have had 3 kids and I have had enough of pain and bleeding, I think I own a share in stayfree inc!!!

I too went thru YEARS of heavy bleeding. I totally changed my diet, including giving up soy, and non-organic foods. My cycles slowed but didn't stop totally. Eventually they put me on Birth Control Pills, which made the problem ten times worse. In the end I cut way back on meat, stopped eating fruit and vegetables and the bleeding stopped. I know is seems crazy, but it worked for me. Start w/ your diet. Strip is down to nearly nothing and add foods until trace bleeding starts. Then remove the last added food to see if it stops. It took me years to figure it out and doctors were absolutely NO help. Everyone wanted to do an hysterectomy, but I refused and I'm very happy I did. You're probably a sensitive and modern medicine does not account for people like us. When the problem started I was a little overweight so they told me to lose weight. I needed to, so I did, but that did not change the condition. Changing my diet did work. Good luck.