I had constant vaginal bleeding for 3 years. I would have a few days here and there when I wouldn't bleed. I finally found a doctor who would listen. I decided on a hysterectomy as I had already had my children and I was 42 years old. Only my Uterus was taken and was sent for a diagnosis. What I had was Adenomyosis which is when the uterine lining starts growing into the uterine wall. In me it was very painful, constant lower back pain, Sometimes stabbing pain in the front, constant bleeding. Adenomyosis mimics other uterine problems so it isn't easily diagnosed. I had a severe case from what I understand. But for any woman with constant bleeding and no energy from it, it is crucial to find a doctor who will listen. I hope this post will help another woman struggling with this.

Sometimes a period can be heavier or lighter than normal, if you're worried then take a pregnancy test or go to the doctors.

hi Lyndaisy, i also hv adenomyosis n for the past 4 months i had constant bleeding, either spot or bleed,, it started when after my regular menses which prolongs to dark brown discharge everyday for more than a month,, then i started spotting red once a day... i was waiting for a regular period but it did not come. My period is really weird, i only bleed 1 time a day,, sometimes lightly, sometimes moderate but compared to my regular menses, it's considered light, tat lasted 12 days,, tapered to brown again,, then after 10 days,, my blood turned red again, started spotting once a day,, sometimes heavy like a period,, it would flow to the toilet bowl, then i wd wear a thick pad n nothing the whole day. gradually i discovered my new pattern, bleeding only once a day. the problem now is im having heavier red bleeding now , also abt 1 episode a day,, n the other day a sudden gush of red flow with small clots for 6 hours. So, i thot finally my real period arrived. but alas, it stopped again for 2 days, only slight spotting. then today again i had thick dark red flow, which has a long stretchy mucus hanging from my v after i urinated (sorry tmi).. so, im thinking why do i bleed so much during ovulation? am i going thru perimenopause? or is it a typical symptom of adenomyosis? or something else? my naturopath calls it healing process, im just puzzled why she said that but she did not explained to me the philosophy of naturopathy. was your womb very enlarged? my womb has fibroids n adeno as well n it's 25cm in length,, docs are pushing me for hysterectomy, but i dun have kids yet. i just turned 43.