I went to the GI doctor about 2 and a half months ago because I was having a lot of nausea, diarrhea and generally a sour stomach, a upper endoscopy revealed "mild stomach inflammation" and a case of gastritis but no ulcers of h pylori.

I was put on nexium, sucrafate and reglan, which helped clear up the nausea and diarrhea and reduce the acidity of my stomach and my appetite and digestion were more normal, however since then I've been experiencing an almost constant dull ache like a bloating or constipation in my abdomen that sometimes moves up to my chest and sternum that feels like trapped gas, but there is no relief even after a bowel movement.
I thought maybe it was sitting in a chair 8 hours a day for my job in a office and even saw a chiropractor but have had no relief, my GI gave me a anti spasmodic for the constant tightness and discomfort I feel but I stopped taking it because it had bad side effects and wasn't really helping that much.

I've had a abdominal CT scan, blood tests, the upper endoscopy, gastric emptying test, celiac test and many other tests and all have come back normal basically. I'm still on the nexium, sucrafate and reglan but the abdomen tightness is constant and I feel like I have a lot of trapped gas, I even cut out wheat and dairy and have been eating extremely healthy (fruit vegetables, lean chicken, rice etc) and only drinking water, which has made me feel healthier in general but hasn't significantly relieved any of the symptoms. I'm at the end of my rope and can't deal with going to work with this constant discomfort and having no social life because I feel crappy all the time. Could this just be the gastritis still giving me problems, or a side effect of the medicines? I don't know how much more I can take, I'm going to look into a colonoscopy and a second opinion because I have had this abdominal discomfort for weeks and weeks now and it is pretty much constant. If anybody has any idea please let me know. Thank you.

You have been through all the same tests and medicines my 15 yo daughter has been through. The drs were talking gall bladder removal next. I found an article online by Steven H. Horne, Hiatal Hernia and I took my girl to the chiropractor along with the article and he fixed the problem by moving her stomach down. She is pain free and off of all meds except one to heal the ileocacal valve that is still irritated from the reflux. I hope you will google Mr. Hornes article and get to a good chirpractor or massage therapist. He also suggests a home remedy which we do daily just in case... Drink 2 cups of warm water (we use tea) and stand on tippy toes then drop back to heels. It's like rocking on your feet. The warm water relaxes the muscle and the weight of the water helps the stomach drop back into place. Please write back and let me know if you get relief. tahnks.

Michele S.

I have been experiencing something similar. How are you feeling? What was the outcome? After 9weeks of struggling with apparent gastritis they did an Ultra Sound and found a growth on my spleen. At this point we don't know anything else. Hope you are doing better. All the best.

My daughter is completely well. In her case it was a hiatal hernia. It took some time to heal completely but with supplements, massage, chiropractic care and rest she is back to her old self. There was also alot of prayer. My mom is a prayer and all of her friends. I am so thankful to God that my girl is well. I pray the same for you. Keep me posted. my email is hjhmomatyahoodotcom. I do know that cranberries and asparagus stop the growth of tumors and shrink them as well. DONOT eat sugar and only eat whole foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains. Drink good fruit juices and lots of filtered water. Stay away from acid coffee and sodas. God bless you as you heal. Michele