Hi well its been about a year now that I have been having this problem. This happened about 5 months after I gave birth. I am going crazy from it. I have a lump in my throat..it feels like I constantly need to swallow something down but nothing is there? And I just have this weird feeling in my chest all the time..like pressure. Everytime I laugh or even talk sometimes,bend over,or get cold..I will feel this fluttering in my chest..like something moves up in my chest. Like it takes my breath away. It is so hard to describe this. Especially to a doctor. I had a 24 hour holter monitor come back negative. I also had a chest xray. They keep saying it is acid reflux...and I took Prilosec for two months with no relief! I had an endoscopy done,and it came back with esaphogitis,gastritis(which basically means inflammation),and slight hiatal hernia. The doctor said none of that should cause this lump in my throat. And I only have a little bit of gerd. I have no idea what this could be. It just happened out of the blue one day while I was sitting down and it has not gone away since. It is making me so depressed. And nothing makes it go away. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Lump in the throat feeling is one of the symptoms of anxiety disorder. Pressure and fluttering in your chest are also symptoms of anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder can be a result of physical or emotional trauma, but it can also occur at any time without apparent causes. Cardiac arrhythmia can also cause these symptoms, but records from your holter monitor apparently suggested otherwise. You can try sugarless chewing gum to see if the constant swallowing of saliva will cause your lump in the throat feeling to go away. Regular exercise is a great stress buster and will reduce the frequency and severity of your anxiety symptoms.