My husband has had problems with his stomach for years, it all started in June 2011, he was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Since then he has been in and out of the hospital, sometimes they say its pancreatitis other times they say gastritis. In October 2012 he had a really bad attack and the hospital said gastritis once again, but this time it didn't go away like usual, he was put on norco tens I guess they're called, up to eight a day. In January 2013 he had an ercp and colonoscopy, they discovered he had ulcers and a hiatal hernia, they gave him nexium for the ulcers and nothing for the hernia. Since then he's been taking the nexium and recently started karofate with no relief and we've tried many home remedies(Siberian pine nut oil, change of diet, etc) he hasn't drank alcohol since June 2011. Yesterday he was prescribed tramidol and he's been throwing up(once late last night twice today) he hasn't even taken any since around ten pm last night. I'm at my wits end over here trying to figure out what's wrong with him, everything he's taken for the ulcers has been 100% guaranteed to work yet he still suffers. If he doesn't take his pain meds he can't eat without extreme pain. I'm tired of watching my husband slowly fade away, we're only 24 with two young girls and I feel like he's not gonna be around to watch them grow. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong with him cause it has to be more than just ulcers and a hernia since none of the cures foe the ulcers have helped at all.

Try him on a gluten-free and dairy free diet for 2 or 3 weeks and see if that improves his symptoms.  Worth a shot.

Post back if you have any questions about gluten free diets as I am a Celiac sufferer.

Hope this helps

Could he be allergic to gluten?

Not exactly but gluten and dairy mask a lot of bowel problems or present itself in problems. Eliminate these and often you can get to the source of the ailment quicker and easier.

I had exactly the same symptoms and was told it was not pancreatitis after having a CT scan which was to have found nothing latest week .advised it was gastritis which would settle ,had these symptoms for well over a year now .have arranged to see private Gastro specialist tommorrow. You have to insist on more tests to get to the bottom of this Good Luck Mike