I'm 16 years old, and about 6 months ago I thought I was having a heart attack while i was working out because I had a very fast heart rate and pounding in my chest all of a sudden and I felt an enourmous rush of fear, I was getting tingling in the end of my fingers and my arm. I came to the conclushion that the cause was from the supplament that i was taking called NO-EXPLODE. I went to see the dr a couple days after this and they told me nothing was wrong they did a ekg and said everything was fine. For the next couple months everything was normal than i started to get this really odd feeling on the left side of my chest and arm and shoulder and back, so than my mom took me to the cardiologist we went there and they took a sonogram they did find a slight mitral valve prolapse but they sed it had nothing to do wit the odd feeling i was getting so i just went home. Than as time went on i started to notice mi chest kind of boucing up and down around mi heart area i thaught it was pretty normal it diddnt hurt or nething. Now i am starting to get like a dull kind of feeling along with it its also hard to breathe at times it bothers me alot i get this all the time i just try to relax it makes me kind of tired aswell.

Since the first of these episodes I have noticed my heartbeat is very heavy and is very visible through my chest, so much so it's clearly visible through clothing and i get kind of a dullish feeling, I have like odd sensations towards the left area of my body from time to time as well. I need to know what this is and if something could be getting worse and what i should do.

Hello I have had the same problem but I am 30 and some times when I work out on my bike I feel the same way my heart starts to pound out of my chest, I have a pain in my left arm and some times at night when I go to bed to sleep I some times fill like if I fall asleep I won't wake back up so I will wake my self up. I also get a tightness in my chest and I get light headed. Does this ever happen to you and has any one responded to your post?

Hmm, I get the exact same problem, same symptoms, I went for a echocargio, test came back fine, crt scan, test came back fine. Blood tests were good, I will be going for a holter monitor in March. But the doctor really doesn't know what is wrong.

It is possible that it is just anxiety. Eitherway, I'd like to know as well(I'm 28 btw)

I have had these same sysmtoms but when i go to the docter he says that evrey thing looks good my heart rates fine my BP is good ect ect.... none of the doctors have been able to find anything wrong... is your pain accponied with a sharp pain in the armpit area with the left arm feelling tigly....its nice to know that im not the only 1 with this problem...

(16yrs of age)

Hi

I can relate to this as well. I have had pounding heart and palpitations on and off for some time however in the past week it happens every time i have a beer, or when Im sleeping. I went to the drs the other day and everything appears ok. Had an ECG all is good. They have arranged a 24 heart monitor to be sure. My Dad had a heart attack last year and has recently been diagnosed with heart failure. Im not sure if my symptoms are related to the stress of my dad, or related to my diabetes or if there is a serious heart problem. I constantly worry so I guess that hasnt helped with everything. THe more I sit and rest, I can see my heart pounding from my chest.. I havent slept properly for weeks because of this, apparently all is ok although my Blood pressure was a bit high and my resting pulse is around 90 which i think is too high., anyway! sorrry rambling on. ITs nice to have others to relate to and hear there stories and advice. feel free to message me back!

I have had similar probelems as well. I woke up in the middle of the night three weeks with a racing hearbeat. Later that week I went into the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack. They did some blood tests and an EkG...everything came back normal. But every since then my heart has been pounding. I can see my clothes move around my chest because my heart is beating so hard, and every once in a while i have chest pains. It is very frightening. Well, I gues it is comforting to know that other people are dealing with the same probelm. Im 22 by the way.

Hi I am 14 and I have exactly the same problems as all of you, EKG was fine same with blood tests too. Nobody has found the problem to this yet? Also, I have found that it can put me out of commision for two or three days. Anyway, we don't know what's happening but we thoguht (since mine happen at the start of the month) that it has something to do with the moon?

Hi I am 14 and I have exactly the same problems

hello, i have the same symptons, it comes from a day i had palpitations after drinking coffee and red bull in exams, i thought it could be anxiety but i cant believe it. The cardiologyst is making me some test like Holter, i am expecting the results.

Are you all slim?? Maybe we feel it more because of that.

sorry for my english

Its obvious aint it yall I have the samething all the time and its a panic attack.....its from high stress and stuff i suggest seeing a consuler...good luck

i have all the same problems and i have ocd so i will obsses about it till i have a panic attack and it but i go to the doctor and every thing they say is fine but i nonticed when i started to put weight on i could feel it less and less but still feel my heart beat sometimes but every =thing is normal so i try not to strees about it

i'm 30 yrs old. i had palpitations since my early 20s. a few yrs back i was doing some chin-ups at the gym and after a few i jumped down from the bar and something about jolt from landing sent my heart beating frantically. it raced uncontrolably for about 5 minutes. other people felt it and told me to get to the hospital - i did and an ecg, blood test and 24 hour holter monitor later nothing was found.

i notice that when ever i workout now i can be sure that a few hours later i will get palpitations, which aren't exactly pleasant, so i started working out less. then last year i was in a packed car heading to the cottage. i was in the backseat, in the middle and i bent down to grab something from the floor and once again my heart began to beat a mile a minute. i made everyone pull over so i could get out and die or something... i sat on the curb for a few minutes and after what seemed like an eternity my heart returned to normal.

now i don't play any sports and think twice about taking the stairs because i have developed a phobia of this irratic heart beat. i wore 3 24 hour holter monitors, has 3 ecg's, a few blood tests and even a colour sonigram of my heart which revealed nothing but a normal situation.

i searched the internet today to find out if there was anyone out there with similar symptoms but with some sort of medical verification about it all... so far it seems that it illudes all of us.

I am have a similar issue and I haven't been able to find any answers on the net..

To The 30 year old Guest above that stated his problem about palpitations,

I believe I have the same exact problem. I've not approached the doctor yet, but I will soon. I think I have palpitations just like you, to where my heart stars beating frantically after I do something completely irrelevant, like turn my body in a different direction really fast while running, or exercising, or jolting quickly in one direction.

For me, the rapid heart rate only lasts a minute or so, because I figured out a way of stopping them. I usually sit down when I get them, and then breathe deep and slowly, as well as sometimes inhale and stop breathing completely, and it usually makes my heart go into it's normal beating pattern.

It's happened to me for about 5 years now, and I'm currently 17, and in very good shape. I work out daily even though I do have these on-and-off palpitations, I never know when I'm gonna get one but I can stop it pretty easily, and they don't occur too often either.

I'd like to know if the doctors told you ANYTHING at all, and if they would say the same thing to me. Does anyone know what kind of problem this is that I am having, as well as the person this reply is directed to?

Thank you.

Hello I was reading your posts and I am 26 years old and I to have heart pounding when I lay down for bed I get a rush like I just finishes running a marathon. I have back pain, neck pain, chest pain and felt like I was going to die. I went to a cardiologist, a rummatologist, a general MD. and a occupational theripist. Completed all the tests, all of them said it is stress. Well ok I thought I will just try to relax well that made it worst. I have been dealing with this every night for about six months. I finnaly had it and started looking up the symptoms. Came across a article on chronic dehydration, it matched all my symptoms and I thought to myself when was the last time I drank water in a decent quantity. Well I came to the conclusion it had been a while so I drank a ton of water over the next couple of days along with b-12 and b complex. All of the symptoms are gone and feel like a new person, I fall right to sleep. Hope this helps.