i have had constant swollen glands since i had bad tonsillitus 3 and a half months ago its driving me mad, they are swollen and feel as if they are in my ears which leads to bad earache which then leads to headache and then for some reason eye strain above my eye (my eyeball then feels like it is swollen)...the swollen glands are on both sides of my neck so is the earache but then the headach etc is only on my right side...please help :'( :-(

Danielle,

You're not alone. I had similar problem years ago. My doctor diagnosed sinus infection which caused constant gland swelling. I was on medic therapy for a month. I used antibiotics to get ride of sinusitis, and the swelling on glands went off after 2 weeks. I had constant swollen glands on my neck from the both frontal sides, but now is everything ok.

Did you try with antibiotics or have you been examined by your doctor? If not go and do it. Only a medical expert can help you determine what is wrong with you?

Hey there,

I also think you're not alone with this problem.

Let me explain you some facts. Lymph nodes or lymph glands, or just simply "glands" which are part of the body's defense system. They can become enlarged in response to an infection or other challenges to the immune system. Most of us have had swollen nodes in the neck when suffering from a sore throat. Generally the swelling goes down in a few days as your body's defense system overcomes the infection. When not you’ll be prescribed to use antibiotics which will help you to overcome the infection.

From the other side some diseases like tuberculosis are caused by chronic infections and this can cause a lymph node to be swollen for extended periods. There’s also a bunch of other serious conditions such as AIDS which can also produce similar symptoms.

But the people with these symptoms usually have other symptoms and more then one swollen nodes. The worst diagnosis could be cancer of the entire lymph system, but also with more swollen lymph nodes. Otherwise these lumps may be caused by swelling of your salivary glands, or so called “spit glands” because they produce spit. There’s also possibility that you have chronic infection in a congenital abnormality called a branchial cleft cyst and also there’s connection with thyroid gland issue.

As you can see there’s hundred of different diagnosis, but symptoms that you described could be everything from conditions mentioned above, but also it could be just a simple dental or gum infection or as previous poster said, chronic sinus infection called sinusitis.

Go visit your doctor to get right diagnosis.

My salivary glands and gland from my ear all way down side of my neck is swollen, these glands have been swollen for around a year and a half now, i have been to the doctor twice and he told me that it is difficult to treat and that it should go away with time, but it has started to become unbearable at times. it is not sore at all really, rather annoying, mainly cause i can't wear t-shirts that are tight around my neck, I have also found myself having to spit alot and i have had maybe 3 earaches in last year or so, tho the earache was not very severe. it is definitely related to my ear tho, even tho my ear is not sore, I cannot clean my ear with an earbud, if i stick it in too deep my ear pains. What should i do ? i have been to scared to go back to the doctor, i have no idea what he will say to me next time. Plus i can't afford doctors right now anyway. Any advice ? , do you have any clue to what could be wrong ? you think it is serious ?

Legend
Yes, the swelling of these lymph nodes could be provoked by sinus or dental infection. I suppose you have some teeth problems, so I suggest you to visit the specialist doctor for oral and throat disorders or diseases. This can be treated with antibiotics. The enlarged lymph nodes always indicate some kind of infection or inflammation!

I think you should be examined by a specialist to get exact diagnosis!

Take care!

My left lymph gland is constantly swelling up! It's never huge, but I think it's swollen up to about four times it's normal size. If I drink water, it usually goes down, but if I stop drinking, it'll just immediately swell up again! I've heard of glands swelling up from a lack of water and too much salt, but I try to minimize my salt intake and I've started drinking an absurd amount of water, yet the problem keeps recurring. Please help!

Well my lymph nodes have been swollen for more than a year. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DOCTORS AND THEY ALL SAY THE SAME "YOU MIGHT HAVE AN INFECTION". WELL THEY ARE STILL SWOLLEN!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

I have only one swollen gland, Its been like this for over a week now. It is very noticeable in size. Its causing me bad headaches, earaches and toothaches, and half my face has went numb. Does anyone know what could have happened? Could swallowing something - say the size of a golf ball or larger whole could have caused this trauma to my mouth?

Have you been to the dentist lately for a check up? I had an abscess that caused the exact symptoms that you are describing. I had to end up getting the tooth pulled...And felt a million times better after!

You are not alone! I have had this constant glands swelling for 7 months and it has not gone away still! I have seen many specialists and taken lots of medications including antibiotics and antihistamines but still no change. I am even ready to have them removed by operation if that would help. Currently i am still taking antihistamines, homeopathic drops and something for my immune system. I wanna get rid of it soon i am so scared coz nothing helps and doctors dont knoe what it is for sure:-(((

I had similar symptoms after being sick for a long while, after a few months they went down but occasionally will swell for a few days then go away, another thing is that it come be hormonal so for women during menstruation there glands can become swollen, after a pronged sickness it's not uncommon for lymph nodes to remain swollen, possibly never retracting.

By any chance have any of you had Glandular Fever in the past??
I did back in 2001 and I have had problems with my glands always being up and extreme tiredness which seems to come and go. From my many doctor visits there doesn't seem to be much you can do about it. Mine have been up for 4 weeks now and I am totally over it but you just get used to it. Hope this helps

I have hade a swollen gland on my neck fot 15 years! It does get bigger when I'm sick and quiet painful. Guess I'm gonna go to DR again because now my jaw hurts as well. Anybody with the same problems?

Well I have swollen Glands and the reason is because i'm buliemic. So maybe that might help for some of you.

I have swollen glands regularly. I am currently being treated for staph infection and have earache and very sore right glands. I suffer from Sjogrens Syndrome so it may be worthwhile for people with swollen glands to get tested for this or autoimmune disease.