I'm not sure where to begin and what is related...  Approximately mid April 2012 I had a couple days of some serious vertigo.  I was very concerned...I was a healthy 38 year old...no medical issues at all, was at that time a smoker and had been for a total of maybe 14 years, with a few years of non-smoking in the middle while pregnant/nursing.  Anyway, a couple of isolated days of some seriously disturbing vertigo...like whoa room spinning when I move my head and mild nausea.  Then about Mid-May started noticing some throat burning sensation...constant bus worse when smoking.  Quit smoking for about 6 weeks...seemed to have let up.  Then went on vacation mid-July to Myrtle Beach.  Came back and had ear/throat burn ache - left side.  Thought throat looked yellowish...went to prompt care type clinic.  Mild fever...they saw nothing of concern in throat or ear...no swollen lymph nodes.  I came home that very day and felt a non-painful, slightly enlarged, softish, moveable node under my left jaw.  Things waxed and waned until about early October when everything got very bad...burning left ear, left jaw (upper and lower teeth), and left tongue.  Doctors say tongue is normal...I think left side is all bumpy.  Anyway, have had neck ultrasound (says area I feel is swollen is 8 mm benign appearing lymph node, doctor thinks I'm actually feeling a slightly enlarged, but normal salivary gland), neck CT, brain MRI and loads of blood work (which was all normal last year, but this year mild hyperthyroid (tsh .318) and I am scheduled to see an endo next week).  Diagnosis...some kind of neuropathy...probably viral, that will likely resolve itself.  I have taken gabepentin and had no results.  Currently on amitryptiline 25 mg and lyrica 75 mg 2 times a day...mild improvement being made.  Any body had anything similar...how/did it resolve...diagnosis?  I wonder if it is some kind of shingles/phn...but there was no rash, or I never saw the rash.  I have seen 2 prompt care doctors, my gp, 2 ENTs, an oral surgeon, a periodontist, an orthodontist, 3 dentists, 2 endodontists, a neurologist...and I have a counselor...may have even forgotten a doctor.  I did quit smoking for good August 2012...I did have two MAJOR DEEP fillings done...one on right upper molar 6/2012 and one on left upper molar 9/2012.  After left upper molar I thought for sure it was a tooth issue, because that is about when all the constant terrible burning began...but nothing can be found.

Also...went the GERD route at the suggestion of the prompt care, gp, and ent...prilosec and zantac.  I know all about heartburn/reflux...this is different.  I tried their advise for a long time...with no help except a worse dry mouth than I already had.  Now the zantac does really help me, I found with heartburn when I eat something like spaghetti, or whatever, that causes me an issue...but this is different.

oh and during this time I discovered I get tonsil stones. And they have fitted me with a mouth guard, as well. I have also been on a couple of courses of antibiotics...lymph node issue, and tonsil stones and once on prednisone (tonsil stones), Good grief...it seems so ridiculous.

How'd you make out? I've got a sore left side of my tongue when I talk mostly. Trying different things for weeks to no avail. Was wondering if you found any relief or if it cleared up by now?