Hi could anyone explain why I'm experiencing the above, for 2wks now, it is worse in the evenings and first thing in the morning. Also when I eat I have to "drop" my jaw to relax it as it's so painful, the ache is at the back of my tongue and bottom jaw and the sore throat makes it difficult to swallow.

visit you local doctor

@9/26/10 6:38 PM Gee, that was helpful.

I have the exact same thing, what did your doctor diagnose it as?

I am experiencing the exact same sounding symptoms (Jan. 25, 2013) Doc has no idea; wants to send me to a rheumatologist.  I've called my dentist and set up an appointment. This has been ongoing for weeks. Very red with white spots where tonsils used to be. No the doc didn't think it was Strep..no test made. Tongue  aches at very back mostly on LH side when trying to swallow; neck muscles stiff (exercising those to relieve stiffness). Feels like salivary glands under chin are sore, like start of canker sores... Painful and tires me out to try and chew food. Virus??  I'm tempted to take antibiotics to see if it is bacterial or really virus.  Any thought shall be greatly appreciate.  All came on suddenly with very red sore throat, white spots, ear aches, low grade to no fever...but just felt sick. thanks!

I have the exact same thing going on, first my throat hurt so bad that it reached my chest, i tried my hardest not to cough, then had a headache, i took ibeprofen? Went to bed, throat was better, later that night, throat hurt again, next day my jaw hurt, bottom of my ears hurt, both sides of my tongue are swollen are hurt a lot just to move, hurts to swallow, I'm salvating, and it's keeping me awake right now, i keep reading it might be step

Strep* gonna see if i can go to the doctor today though