Hello. I have been suffering with a constant swollen gland (right hand side between the jaw and ear)fatigue and mild head aches for approximately 3 years now. When the symptons started I saw my gp who sent me for lots of blood tests that all came back fine and diagnosed IBS. He put me on a 3 month diet which didn't help. As time has gone on more symptons have developed. 2 years ago I suddenly dropped 3 dress sizes in weight in the space of approx 8 weeks and have struggled to regain the weight and within the last year I have started to suffer with constant aching joints, dry eyes and sore/dry throats and most recently a dry vagina. I have been on various courses of antibiotics, none of which seem to have helped and my gp seems to have run out of options. I would just like to know what is wrong so that I can get it fixed and feel well again.

It sounds like you could have a hyperactive thyroid.  The symptoms you described could be explained by that condition.  Thyroid conditions are very under diagnosed.  Check it out.

There is an autoimmune disorder called Sjogren's Syndrome that sounds exactly like what you have. Its attacks your salivary glands and other glands that keep things moist such as eyes, throat and vagina. I would ask my doctor to test for this. Autoimmune disorders can happen at anytime in your life.

What about sjogrens disease?