lately I have been feeling a little off. I have been getting chills and feeling just achy all over with headhaches. I have checked for a fever and always get 97 or 98 soo i guess that is a good sign. The only thing that is worrying me is my swollen lymph nodes in my neck. Last spring i had Tonsilitus and they swelled up pretty big and never really returned back to normal size, but now i can feel that they have gotten a little bigger and feel warm with a slight pain sometimes. Near a large lymphnode under my Jaw near my ear there is also a very very small hard feeling spot. Im not sure whether it is new or i just never realised it or if it is connected to the lymphnode or what. I went to the doctor today to talk about this and some stomach problems i have been having lately. She seemd to dismiss the swollen lymphnodes and focus mainly on my stomach problems soo i guess that it isnt really that big of a deal but it has been worrying me. What if the swelling is caused by something more severe. I had to get some blood work done for my stomach soo if there is something wrong with me to cause the lymph nodes to swell will it show up in my blood work?

Right now I'm going through kind of the same thing. my throat/lymph nodes have been swelling and makes it a bit hard to swallow. Any way if your concerned about lymph node swelling and what it might be you could try going for a total EOS count ( also know as an Eosinophil Count) Eosinophil is a type of white blood cell that when counted and abnormality can show many different things. more information on this test can be found at http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labcorp/html/chapter/mono/he001900.htm
its really no different than any other test and they don't even really take allot of blood out of you. i wish you luck in finding out whats wrong.

-David e-
that walking train wreck from hick city nowhere

You might want to get tested for mono. When I was in college I wasn't feeling well, and had your symptoms. I kept going to the doctors who put me on antibiotics (not the right course of action) because they thought it was bacterial. After months of failure with antibiotics they finally decided to do the blood test for mono, and that's what I had.

I'm a 22 year old male and I have the same symptoms. Fatigue, swollen right submandibular lymph node, achy bones, headache. I had lower back pain, thought it was kidneys but the ultrasound was fine. (I had some protein in my urine, that's why the ultrasound was ordered). I then had a blood test, and my calcium levels were elevated. Then they told me to get checked for mono, and today I found out I don't have it. My back doesn't really hurt anymore, and my spleen isn't really inflamed as much as it was before. I am getting sharp pains in the left of my chest under my pectoral right now. I just called the doctor and they are going to call me back. I am 900 miles away though as I am in pharmacy school. I always seem to have films of sputum in my throat and it's annoying. I always wake up with a stuffy nose and it goes away after a shower. HMMMMM

sounds to me like cat scratch disease (or commonly known as cat scratch fever and YES it is real). If you have been scratched or bitten by a cat in he last couple months it could be this. I had it last year; i had headaches, fatigue, and super enlarged lymphnodes in my neck. There isnt any treatment I dont think but you should be fine.

Does your neck or back hurt, do your eyes burn, are you experiencing headaches? If you work or play on a computer it could be the cause of your aches and pains.

I've had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for several months now, and they seem to be getting worse. Painful to touch, feel very hard, etc. I also have other symptoms like chronic fatigue, achy wrists, inability to lose weight, and just feeling "down" a lot of the time. I am suspecting hypothyroidism, where the issue is in my thyroid glands (also in the neck), not the lymph nodes. I have already had general blood work done, and everything came back completely normal. I am going to pursue this further with a new doctor, though. I strongly believe these symptoms point to my thyroid hormones being out-of-whack.
However, I wanted to suggest to all of you who have swollen lymph nodes in your neck to get FOOD ALLERGY testing! Lymph nodes fight infection, so when they are inflamed there is something your body is trying to fight off. Food allergies could very well cause this and can develop suddenly or slowly over time, even if you've never had allergies before! So I would strongly recommend you all get food allergy testing. But one last thing: make sure to get tested by a doctor who is willing to draw blood and test the blood, NOT a doctor who will do a skin-prick test. Skin-prick tests are known to be inaccurate and just plain wrong! So do a food allergy test that involves the doctor actually drawing your blood. My husband was born very prematurely, and has a couple fatal food allergies, and he said the skin-prick test was blatantly wrong for him everytime, and the blood-drawing test was the only accurate one, ever.
Hope this helps someone!

I have a cyst on my thyroid and 2 cyst on the left of my neck, fatigue , muscle spams in my back and swollen lympnodes in my neck all the way back to to my ears resulting in horrific migraines...go to thyroid dr in june and was dismissed by a neurologist.....curious if these cyst and swollen node scould be putting pressure on a nerve causing the migraines.......anyone else going through this?

I myself have been sick with swollen lymph nodes in neck which make me look like Frankenstein, sore throat, canker sores in the mouth, headaches, backache, achy muscles, extreme fatigue, tingling of the feet and hands, foggy head, congestion of the chest which makes it hard to breath and eyes that feel like I have sand in them. 
I've been to the doctor every few years since I was 20 to find out what I have but they can never figure it out. Four weeks ago I went again. Every time I go I hope through technology that maybe this will be the year they find a diagnose. They took 5 tubes of blood for white blood count, mono, thyroid, etc. All the tests came back negative or good. 
The doctor put me on a sinus spray. Ha, what a joke. 
After what I heard on the news about Venus Williams having Sjogren's Syndrome, I had to look it up, but I don't have the excessive dry mouth or eyes. So I guess that is ruled out. I'll have to look up the Cat Scratch Fever Syndrome. 

Has anything progressed in your diagnosis? I too have had the exact same symptoms you describe, where I come down with it every couple months, and its been about 5 years now. Blood work is always normal, and I just get an antibiotic to supress it until it comes back again. So I was just wondering if you have had a diagnosis since your post?

Look into lupus....

Me too every.couple months lymph node swelling night sweats fever achyness. I miss weeks of wrk/ life

to all with swollen lymph nodes and stomach related problems, get tested for H Pylori infection. It's an infection of the stomach lining and can cause many of the symptoms described, although the medical sites only name a few GI related issues. This infection can be treated with a double-antibiotic treatment, but needs to be taken care of because it can go on without symptoms for a long time, but yet cause stomach ulcers and many GI problems later on. 

I had all these problems and i ened up with thyroid cancer get checked

Fatigue, aching, lymph node swelling, etc are also common symptoms of mono...might want to look into that too