Hi, I have met my friend from college yesterday and he was very upset. I asked him what is happening as I know that he is pretty calm and quiet person. He told me he is upset because of his son who told him that his girlfriend has hepatitis B and he is now afraid his son will get it too. Also he told me that his son met his girlfriend two weeks ago. I would like to know about possibility for his son to be infected with hepatitis B virus.

Hi, I get hepatitis B from my partner few years ago. This virus may be easily transmitted over the blood or sexual contact. Other ways of transmission are less likely to happen. So, if he was using condom and if he is not drug user there is less possibility that he is infected. One more thing he has to think about is HIV infection because many intravenous drug users are infected with both of these viruses. It would be the best for him to make testes on both infections.