I have to admit that I am cocaine user for three years already. I want to stop and I know I have to do it once if I want to have normal life. Anyway, I have heard that about a third of cocaine users experience cocaine withdrawals. I have heard terrible stories of depressed markedly feeling, listless, anxious, and uncomfortable, so I am worried now. Can you tell me if cocaine withdrawals are so terrible, or jealous persons want to scare me?

I do not know if you were conscious that cocaine addiction could occur very quickly and be very difficult to break. You should think about this before you started to use if often and get yourself addicted. Anyway, now it is better if you want to stop the terrible habit that could bring you few high feelings and rest is trouble. Animal studies have shown that animals after a single injection of cocaine choose cocaine over food and water. It is proven that animals take cocaine even when this behavior is punished. I am telling you this because people addicted to cocaine behave similarly. Those who abruptly stop their cocaine use can experience cocaine withdrawal symptoms as they readjust to functioning without this drug. The length of cocaine withdrawal varies from person to person and on the amount and frequency, the person used cocaine. Cocaine withdrawal symptoms include agitation, depression, intense craving for the drug, extreme fatigue, anxiety and angry outbursts. Reported cocaine withdrawals are also lack of motivation, nausea, vomiting, shaking, irritability, muscle pain and disturbed sleep.

I have a cousin who is addicted to cocaine. When he is on it hes really nice and talks to much. But when the high is low his mood sitches so easily, why does he become angry?
Can he stop this?

I hope someone answers this.

I will try to explain to you how the drugs work and what part of the brain they affect, so maybe you will be able to get a better picture of what’s going on.

Cocaine binds to the receptors in the brain and causes brain to produce higher levels of biochemicals. High levels of these chemicals (called neurotransmitters) cause joy, self-esteem, energy, pleasure and all the best feelings one can feel.

This is what cocaine does-makes you feel that way but just for a short period of time.

When there are high levels of these neurotransmitters, when a lot is produced, these high amounts are followed by a crash in their production, so people have little neurotransmitters and this gives them a feeling totally opposite to high levels.

Also, when someone’s using cocaine for long periods of time, the levels of these neurotransmitters are high all the time, sometimes even new receptors form to be able to take that many neurotransmitters. When there are lower levels of these chemicals, or even normal (differing from the constant high levels), a person starts experience these so called withdrawal effects.

The effects often depend on the person, amount and frequency of use. Some of the most common symptoms are those angry outbursts, irritability, craving for the drug, depression, muscle pain, and many more. Not all people who use cocaine get addicted but the cravings are always present because it feels so good, and possibly that after affects are the same as withdrawal effects when the levels of the chemicals are lower once the drug stops working.

There, hope I helped a bit!

It should be mentioned that the study in which the lab rats continued to choose cocaine over food was seriously flawed. In this study, the rats were not allowed contact with any other rats, or any sort of exercise equip. (the wheel thing). In such a case, with the rat isolated in this way, yes it continued to administer cocaine until it had died.

However, further studies in which the rats were allowed contact with others and things to do, the frequency of use decreased significantly, and any health issues to the rat were negligible. This shows that people with full lives can still continue to use cocaine without a strong addiction.

I don't know if this helps at all but I used to be addicted to coke. I snorted it. I got up too doing 4 grams a day. I would snort out of one nostril until it bled. Then I would plug it and use the other one till it bled. Then I would wait for it too stop bleeding. And repeat the process all over again. I quit cold turkey and it wasn’t that bad. I decided that I felt like a lab rat that was just running in circles and not getting anywhere. I have tried to quit this drug before but I never succeeded until I did not want to do it any more. Physically I went through some withdrawals but it was not bad. It lasted like 2 days.

Oh and for that guy that did not understand the high of coke. It works like this you get faded on any drug and your most likely going to be happy because you are getting the desired high. Then you come down and you get edgy. you are not high anymore... you have a head ach and are coked out.... you cant sleep... you want to smoke a bunch of cigarettes... you are debating if you want to do more or just pass out... you hate people noise and most defiantly questions.

I quit cigarettes as well. I think that cigarettes are harder to quite than coke. It was a similar process though. I went back to Brazilian jujitsu and trained with this guy from Brazil. It was right then and there that I realized that if I kept doing what I was doing that I would die. It is a life style change that you have to accept. That is the first step. F*** the 12 step program that is all about admitting yourself to a higher power. That doesn’t make sense to me because I am not religious and the higher power is the drug itself because it is winning the battle.

I hope this helped. Hopefully you can become an ex-addict

Trazodone may help with Cocain withdrawal.