My friend is on cocaine for two months, and I don’t like what he’s doing. He’s convincing me that he’s not addicted and that he keeps everything under control, but it is hard for me to believe it. I watch him changing day after day, and I don’t thing I will be his friend any longer. Could you take cocaine regularly and not be addicted?

Yes, it’s possible that your friend isn’t addicted even if he was taking cocaine regularly. It happened to me. I was taking cocaine for several months until I spent all of my money and even had to sell my car and the jewelry. Finally when I started selling my girlfriends stuff, she left me. I loved her so much, I couldn’t believe what I have just lost. It was a real nightmare, and I finally rocked the bottom. Then one day I didn’t take cocaine, and I haven’t experienced the crisis. The next day I also didn’t take even a single sniff, and I didn’t even think about it. The days were passing by, and I realized that I wasn’t addicted at all. I thought I was addicted so I acted that way, but all this time it was just in my head and I could ended it any minute. It’s so sad that I lost everything because I didn’t realize that on time.

To the poster above, if you were selling everything you own and then that of your girlfriend, I'm sorry to say but that's addiction. You stopped just like that because you had nothing left to sell to get the stuff. Come on, if you were not addicted you wouldn't have sold your car or anything to get cocaine. You would have waited till you had money to buy it.

Get over it. This guy turned his sh*t around, provided he hasn't blown since good form you for kickin' the habit... 8)

:-) yes that question is true 4 example my girlfriend and i which is now my wife of 13yrs would snort cocaine every weekend for sexual purposes after one evening of partying &a 8ball of coke we got down 2 the last 2 lines she snorted hers than asked me for mine i told her no and blew my line off the plate she started crying i told her that was it i cut her off and we have been off of cocaine for 11yrs now! now i will admit she was addicted me on the other hand it was just mind over matter and will do a line every now and then but it really just dont appeal to me anymore as for her she has not touched it since that night !! so basically what im trying to say is that it all depends on the person!are they week minded or able to control.u have to put ur priorties first then u can go play!!!!!!

I have played around with cocaine for quite a few years and I am not addicted to it in any way. I will only play on the weekend if I do want to have a night of fun. As well I will never do coke by myself. Keep the use in a group and fun atmosphere the drug use does not the focal point and the gabbing and enjoy your friends take first. And ther will always be a friennd in the group (always) to tell you you have had enough go to bed. It is always in a social atmaphere. This way to me it is not a drug to use as an escape or a fake moment of happines. I have Trained myself like any other vises in my life not to be used as a way to feel relaxed. for example people who have a beer when they get home from work. Just make rules for yourself and stick to them. that way the drugs do not control you you control the drug. One more thing, budget your cocaine like the rest of your life. buy a gram or two. then eather give you wallet to a friend if you have no self control. at the end of the night you can not buy any more.

Trust me you practice this for a month or two I will be come habit and you will realize you are in control of the vise. This may not work for every kind of drug use but it dows work on coke.

I take cocaine most weekends but i know im not addicted ,i take it because it makes me feel good and quite lively. Before i started taking it i was a boring id**t that was always moody but now im happy most the time, aslong as it took in moderation its not so bad and you wont be addicted. Tonight is actaully the first time ive taken it in 4 months. The biggest problem with it is that its cut with alot of diffrent things which can be really harmful to your health but i always buy when it is pure so that i know it is the proper stuff, i always buy from the same guy who gets it straight from brazil(He smuggles it over). Taking it is a bad thing and is harmful to your health but so is alot of things including smoking and drinking ect... But aslong as he keeps it in moderation theres no need to worry he wont be addicted. There are signs of when he is addicted which you will notice usually they are; you have no money, you will always be depressed, not very socialble and always high (which you can tell straight away look at his eyes) But i know alot of people that are addicted and i would never end like because i know i would never like to end like that so i always keep things in moderation. Also a very big problem is if you notice that he his taking it by himself like when he is in the house by himself sorting it that is a BIG sign of addiction. Aslong as he is taking it with other people and keeping it in moderation then he should be fine.

Some folks can in fact use it every weekend and do fine. Some can use it at Social occasions and do ok
However once you start using it Every day. and you do that for months well Sorry You are addicted.
when friends start seeing changes in your behavior when things start missing from their homes after you visit because you stole it to get more You are addicted.

i know MANY Functional addicts which means they work every day and they come home and get coked out every day. They however every one I have known eventually if they are doing it every day will fall from Functional to full on addict.

Sounds like your friend is in denial
i would try and sit down with him and tell him all the changes you have seen in him and let him know you are just not liking where the drugs have taken him.
Tell him you are having problems watching him do this to himself
Maybe you will get through and he will quit but sorry i doubt it
Coke is a powerful mental addiction. Unlike heroin it is fully mental Where heroin has you experiencing withdrawals Coke has you THINKING you have to have it to be Normal. Many coke addicts do not understand they just need to toss out all using friends numbers all dealers numbers and walk away from it.
]Also well many can not do that until they get to the bottom like the one poster above he still does not admit while he was selling all his things that he was addicted but he says he is glad he stopped.
The important thing is that he stopped i HOPE that he never goes back but sadly many who do not face their addiction full on will never stop relapsing

HEy I want to make sure this works before I type a whole paragraph. I have some interesting things to say, and I hope that I can help some people before its to late. Of course as it has been for me, and may be again unless I man up, again!!!!!

U cud never take cocaine regularly and not get addicted to it. Just taking it once can make you addicted, well i dunno about cocaine, i'm talking about crack. The truth is, the more you take it, the more you get accustomed to its nice effects, i mean dude its like u moving from your house to a mansion. The longer you stay at the mansion, the more accustomed you are to it, so wen its time to move back to your old house you feel weird, everything is bad the house is too small, things aren't the same, and you feel the contrast,which is the truth about cocaine. You say Cocaine is a social drug. I find its the stupidest social drug out there, as soon as ur done ur depressed and everyone around you is and u feel to cry. Totally sux. Best remedy? Do it like once a month, and smoke weed when your done to take your mind of of it. I won't lie once you have a nice supply and your taking it, by yourself or with friends you feel wonderful, like there isn't a problem in the world, and as soon as your done u start to panick and worry, i guess it isn't a drug for the panicky, sometimes you even feel sick. Well thats how i used to feel and i used to do crack everyday for like 6 months. Howd i get over it? I ended up getting into a fight with a dealer and his friend cuz i owed him money, after that id din't take crack for like 9 months. I tried it a couple of days ago and realised it is the stupidest drug in the world as usual, especially if you get too happy, u might never wanna come down. I might try it again in a month or maybe never. Best thing to do? Smoke weed, it costs less, makes you feel better and doesn't carry the stigma with it that cocaine does or the serious addiction, but it is addictive, all nice things are until you get sick of them, lol.

I tried cocaine for the first time last summer. Cocaine was a drug i wanted to try for a while as a couple of my friends had been doing it for some time. I wasn't too scared about doing it as I had done other drugs like ecstasy in the past. The first time i tried coke I was honestly disappointed I thought it would have been similar to ecstasy. After trying it for the first time, did it again the week after. The second time was way better and I actually enjoyed it.
I went 6 months without doing cocaine again. I used cocaine for the first time in months a couple days back and then again last night, but am probably not going to use for another 6 months. What am trying to say is that cocaine does not have to take control of your life and that not all people get addicted.

I think it depends entirely on the person using. Myself and some friends of mine have been social cocaine users for years and our use of the drug is sporadic. By 'sporadic' i mean that sometimes we'll hit it hard for a few weeks and other times we'll go months without a sniff. This is no problem for us, however there are other people i've known who just can not stop one they've started and really, should never be allowed near the stuff.

I am happy to do it myself with good friends, but this is in no way an endorsement and shouldn't be misconstrued as one. At the end of the day it's illegal and comes with risks.

Some people can take it and leave it, others just can't. If in doubt, just leave it. As for you're friend, try to convince him to keep off it for a few weeks if you are worried, if he can do it with no problems, he's fine, if he flat out refuses, or if he does it but goes to pieces or just can't manage it, then possibly you have a problem.

Can anyone tell me if they think that i am addicted to cocaine i have done it since the age of 16, im 19 right now by the way and over the course of these three years i have done it every once in a while like every two or three months and i would only do like .7 grams and well right now its been a month and a half that i have done it like never before my savings account went from 15,000 to 10,780 i have not wasted money on food during this period i have only spent it on gas for my car and cocaine so i know all has gone to that before this happened i had gone 10 months without doing a single line or key or coke smoke and well this time the dealer i got it from gave me something i had never seen before he only gives me rocks and they are pearly coloring and are not like powder its kind of humid not like cut powder and with one key or line it gets all my face numb and like five seconds after i sniff i feel good and with a lot of energy i am outgoing and well i have a good time but i dont like the way it has affected me i really want to change and i know i can but i have tried like four times to change during this month but it seems like i cant because i always end up doing it and this dealer lives like two hours away and i still go to him i like that he always hooks me up most of the time i buy ounces and they last me like a week but does anyone know how i can get some help or what i need to do to change i really need it for my own good any answer will be good and i will appreciate people.

it is possible to do cocaine regularly and not be addicted...SWIM (someone who isnt me) for instance...gets paid every 2 weeks...once SWIM gets his paycheck on friday..he calls his connect and buys 100 dollars worth...uses for the weekend and then doesnt touch it again from that saturday night til the next time he gets paid..addiction is mental..if you keep telling yourself that your not going to get addicted..chances are you wont unless you go overboard with use

I know this is an old post but for anybody who need the knowledge yes it is possible for someone to use cocaine without being addicted BUT this is very rare seeing as Yayo is ONE of the most addicting sources around. Credability & sources? Personal experience. No offense to anybody but if you have to sell ur property or anybody else's property regardless of its worth or anything to that extent you are an adict. I have been doing cocaine for 3 years not everY day but when I feel like it. I never spend my whole check only as much as I need and usually last me a couple days or even longer. And probably about 80% of the time it is done by myself with a case of beer or liqour or even just coke. But as I said before this is VERY RARE cocaine really is a highly addictive drug....if your friend or a loved one is an adict u can usually tell by changes or attitude activitys or maybe even more binge drinking. Contrary to popular beliefs most coke adicts prefer to be alone in a locked room with enough coke to last an average person a week