Hi, my good friend was using drugs for a long time. She even didn't know that she was pregnant as she thought all sickness and loosing of appetite was because of cocaine she was taking. When she finally realized that she will bear a baby it was too late for abortion. She born a boy and that baby is also cocaine addicted, his mother started with program of withdraw from cocaine but I can't imagine what is going on with her baby.

Hi, this is very sad story but unfortunately it is not rare at all. There are more and more babies with such problems. These babies come to the world premature and low weighted. When they are born they are already cocaine addicted and they have to be withdrawn on their birth. Nurses are bathing these babies more often as warm water and soap relieve them from stress and make them feel better. They are in special beds where they can not harm themselves by sudden moves when they feel crisis. t is very sad picture but also the way which have to be passed for good of these children.

I'm sorry to say that I disagree.
I am a cocaine user.
I have two sons. Both healthy, vibrant and well above average intelligence.
I took cocaine during my pregnancies (sad to admit) and while breast feeding.
My kids are FINE, beautiful examples of mankind.
I am employed in a very stressful environment and cocaine helps to keep my energies levels up. I also found it helps a lot with breast milk production.
Though I struggle coming to terms with guilt about the whole thing, I must admit that cocaine has helped me cope with motherhood, partnership and full time employment.
REAL studies need to be undertaken before any further comments can be made.

You should be same of yourself as a mother!!! I use to be addicted to cocaine taken 3-4 gramms a day until I had to have a nose surgery and that woke me up. I know the feeling and I know what it does to you when you are "high"
I have a 2 years old healty boy I had him after I was clean for over 3 years!!! I would never put my children trough what I went trough when I use to use cocaine. Far as cocaine helping with breastmilk production!!??!!! What kind of breastmilk is that with a load of coke???

Heather D, you are delusional. If you truly think coke is helping with breast milk production and helping you with your job, you need to have a heart to heart with yourself before your boys get any older or you decide to have any more children. Plenty of "real" studies have been done , Heather, which is why we know of the dangers. You are extremely fortunate your boys are fine. You are in the minority of coke users that have children without problems. I am a nurse and like you, I thought coke was helping me deal with a stressful job and life. I was wrong. It all came crashing down after about 20 years. It took a while, but i almost lost everything that was important to me. Things progress and get worse. You cannot maintain forever. You are fooling yourself into believing these things. you know in your heart, they are not true. Please do not get pregnant again while on drugs because you might not get so lucky with your next child. It's like people saying "I smoked all through my pregnancy and my kids are fine." They don't think delivering three weeks early and/or delivering a 4 or 5 pound baby might not have occurred had they NOT smoked.