I need some help. I have a friend who is on cocaine for 1, 5 years and had abuse of some other drugs in the past. I am not familiar with this stuff, but I convinced him to stop and he is ready to do so, but is afraid of cocaine withdrawls. Is anyone familiar with this. Please I need help on this topis!

Hey,
Cocaine withdrawls are extremely difficult process, but Cocaine withdrawls are inevitably in order to abstain from further use of the drug. Cocaine withdrawls is a complicated process and it might requires the professional expertise. For many addicts quitting just for one day is the hardest task. The beginning of the cocaine withdrawl is the hardest part of physical pain… but the mental pain is the next. When addict decides to stop, body automatically wants more cocaine. Then begins the period of craving- the body and mind want cocaine and it can become very powerful obsession. Physical pain includes womiting, back pain, cramps, burning skin, itching, stomach ache, … It’s horrible just to look at that!!! At that point an addict is possible of anything for a dose of cocain. This physical stage lasts for approximately 1 week and first days are the hardest. After that body craves no more for cocain… but just the body… mind is still open for new cocain experience… mind addiction exists for an indefinite amount of time. I wish you good luck with your friend, but I think he shall need professional help. In every case, it’s worth trying!

I would be very appreciative for some professional or first hand experience advice.

I've been using Meth intranasaly for approximately 5 years on a daily basis. I've always wanted to stop but greatly feared suffering the depression and withdrawl. I'm 40 years old. Essentially, I'm a functioning addict. About 4 months ago I switched to smoking crack with the idea that it's not as difficult to rehab from and more is known about treatment methods.

I want to do this alone. I keep telling myself that I can. However, as I write, requesting your input, I've just realized that it is impossible for me to do so.

Thanks in advance for your comments on what to expect and suggestions on steps I can take such as vitamins, exercise and cautions with regard to quitting this paralyzing and destructive cycle that I've gotten myself into.

I was doing at least 1/2 a gram a day (intranasal) for the last 90 days. I had some weird dreams like i was gonna die because of this junk. So I quit cold turkey and by that point I was doing some pretty pure stuff. The next day I woke up feeling like I was sick: fever, aches and pains all over, horrible headache comparable to migraine. I though I was sick but have come to learn its the withdrawl. This is the absolute worst feeling ever. Have you ever done a full day of hard manual labor and got muscle pains so bad that you couldn't sleep? Imagine that all over your back, shoulders, neck, combo with a splitting headache. Then at the same time your shivering like your cold but your actually hot and sweaty. If you try to cool off though your muscles tense up and start to hurt more from cool air. I don't feel nausea but my stomach hurts and if throwing up would help I totally would. That makes it really hard to sleep, when I wake up it starts all over again with the splitting headache like a hangover. You think eating will help but that kinda makes me feel worse. Smoking pot makes you even more horrible 'what was I thinking' and of course it feels like your stoned forever. Stomach is thoroughly knotted but amazing no nausea.

Its been a solid week and it doesn't seem to be letting up.

Any advise much appreciated.

i was clean from cocaine (crack) for 10 years this year the hard part isnt the physical as you might think it wont last but a week or two however you may feel tired for a while its a good idea to take a good multivitamin to help your body regain its strength and mantain a very healthy diet chocolate will sometimes help curve the crave but you have to be careful not to abuse it once the physical withdrawl is goon you will find it a lot harder mentally trying to convince yourself only once wont hurt you name it i personally woke up with night sweats after having terrible dreams for months it takkes almost a year before all the withdrawl signs are pretty much gone however you must learn what your trigger is and recognise this forr me it was a italian oil dip for bread every time i eat it to this day i can taste crack so i simply dont eat it you will always have an addiction to this drug once you are addicted so its important to remember that you will start pretty much where you left off if you try using after you have quite so dont its harder the second time to get clean good luck and hope i helped someone

Crazyspeel is right. I've been using coke for 10 years and I have never had those kind of withdrawals. You may actually have the flu on top of the withdrawals. 90 days straight is enough to run your body wayyyy down. I've been there. The only thing to do is sleep and take tylonol pm or get some pain killers from your doctor (mine won't give me any dammit) your body doesn't have anything to artifically run on anymore.
With coke you're just really tired and worn out after. The mental part is the worst. I get stoned.. that ALWAYS takes the craving away. (don't b***h at me, its true) Now I've been trying to quit smoking, that is MUCH worse! I'm on chantix for that.
And Mathias40, if you were unsucessful with quitting meth and or crack, I was able to quit shooting up coke and snorting crystal all by myself.. rehab is not for me.. I haven't done those in 9 years now. I did it with diet pills. (diet fuel from GNC) LOL. It actually was what I needed.
Then I met my coke head husband... and I did start doing coke again but that's not the point, Im just saying you can stop with some distractions in your life that will keep you clean.

I'm now an every other weekend coke head..I really should stop coke all together but everyone in my life does it. I must say isn't fun anymore, it used to be so fun in the clubs in the bathroom stall being all cool and young. Now it makes my neck all sore and I can't really move.. i'm stuck on the couch watching tv or just sitting on the computer. Not very exciting.. and I waste at least a couple weekends a month doing that. I do think the withdrawals were stronger when I was younger and using almost daily.. well, i was doing all sorts of drugs then.... I find that its almost impossible to just stop everything at once.
I am an addict in general. I always substitute.. either pain killers, pot, a drink, or whatever. I'm just trying to do the stuff that isn't quite as destructive.. I would imagine everyone substitutes in one way or another. Well, there's also moving away to a place like Maine so you don't know how to get it.
Well, thats that. Hope that helped.

With cocaine abuse you have run your adrenal glands out. This is the gland that handles all of the stress on your body and is the "fight or flight response" organ.

You have done a lot to your body and you can't expect going off to be easy. I would say the tylenol pm (but not too much as this is hard on your liver and your liver has already taken a beating), and Adrenal Dessicated from Standard Process (you can find on the internet). You also need to replenish your vitamins as you withdraw to support your body's systems. Especially B Vitamins and Vitamin D and Magnesium to keep your body's processes working.

The best way it to have someone else handle giving you xanax or valium so that you won't take too much and that will ease the withdrawal. That is how it is done in in-patient care. Along with an anti-nausea medication that you can get over the counter.

The first and best step is that you WANT to stop. You will have to deal with the body changes and withdrawals for a few weeks. You will have fever/chills and body aches etc. This is normal. Just STAY THE COURSE! Don't give up because it is hard. Once you are through it, hopefully you will never want to go through the withdrawal again so you will STAY off of any drug.

I wish you well and good luck.

how long did you feel the withdrawal symptoms. I'm experiencing the same effects, and I just wanted to know how long until I stop feeling this way. I've only used Coke a couple times but on Tuesday I use a lot. And now I feel horrible like if I had the flu

Commonly, cocaine abusers experience long-term changes in the brain's reward system and in other brain systems. This can result in unusual or unpredictable behavior toward those around them.

The withdrawal from cocaine, molly, ecstasy, pot and alcohol was the worst. I sent myself to a recovery center that helped me through the process. With in my first 4 days I ate nothing but crackers and drank water. I had horrible shakes, I was freezing cold every second of the day, vomiting every couple of hours. The nurses gave me shots of a sedative to help me sleep or calm down my sympstoms. It is best if medical treatment is able to help. They can have a better grasp on this process then home care.

You sound like you read a wiki article. I remeber how excited i was when i was first able to impart some wiki knowledge....Lol!!! Quit trying to scare people and dont comment unless you've done it, junior. Know go sit in the corner at let grown folks talk. For the original poster,Ive done coke of and on for 20 yrs and I can say had no withdrawal when I would stop. You have a rough couple of days but nothing more, but my binges weren't for extend amounts of time. I would say what helps me is herbal supplements, st john wort, B-6 and tyrosine. I think the other person is getting coke and meth mixed up. Now when I did meth, I had those type of symptoms. Out of all the "narcotics" cocaine is probably the easiest to abstain from.

I would drink 32 oz of fresh vegetable juice in the morning (make it yourself) buy a juicer on Amazon for 100 bucks. For strong detox, juice lots of organic kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, ginger (thumb size). Hope this helps! Good luck

Sounds like your friends cocaine was cut with method or levimisole. Never had anything to her than a major hangover and sleep with lots of sleep. If you feel like you have the flu go get checked for levimisole poisoning

Hello, I'm an 18 year old alcoholic and I'm starting to love cocaine, I drink every night and every night I want cocaine, I obviously don't use every night as I cannot fund it. But tonight I have and my heart is beating at a very unusual rate, I'm laying down and cannot stop breathing in/tensing and breathing out very rapidly, I've been drinking since 2pm and it's now 1:30am the next morning, I'm not experiencing any pain, I'm just very fidgety and restless, but I'm cincernEd about my breathing, I keep having long pauses before my next breath. I'm lying next to my partner who is not only annoyed about the amount of alcohol I've drank and money of spent but the restless state that I'm in, I don't want to crAve it every time I drink, somebody help please