I'm 28 year old female having bad pain on my lower left jawline. In the past 3 months, I have had these flare ups in this area. The area below my ear, left side of neck and my left jaw would flare up and become sore for aproximately 10-12 days and then the jawline pain would go away. Last night was particularly bad. I felt throbbing pain at the jawline. It caused a shot bouts of dizziness. This has never happened to me before and seems strange that it happened couple times within this 3 month period. There is no swelling or visible lumps. Also, I don't feel sick or have any infection. I don't have problem with my teeth. Pain becomes worse when I open my mouth or when I'm chewing. What should I do? My doctor suggested a CT scan with contrast. But, I'm really worried that the results may show that something serious isn't wrong with me.

So you have left jaw and left side of your neck pain and you have problems then you chew and/or open your mouth.  It sounds like TMJ or temporal mandibular joint problems.  I experience this from time to time and I've found that my jaw is out of alignment when I sleep.  I like to sleep on my side to stomach and this is causing my jaw to misalign.  I started to sleep on my bakc and allow my jaw to relax while it is properly aligned.  It took several days for the discomfort to go away.  Now I'm used to sleeping on my back and my jaw is bothering me anymore.  You might try this and see if it helps you as well.

Thank you Susan. I will try sleeping on my back.