Hi, just wondering l have a lot of pain in my left shoulder for the past 3 mths l have had physio, mri has shown 2 tears bursitis and a build up of calcium, l have to have a cortisone shot...has anyone had good results with it, heard alot of negative stories

I wrote this on the previous page:

You can go up to page 2 to read my experience. It was certainly worth it because I'm still pain free 6 years later. However I'm not looking forward to having it done again because it was painful. They gave me the whole dose in one shot. Dr. said the first part out of the needle was a pain killer then the good stuff. Did it in the morning and the pain didn't start until the afternoon and was excruciating by evening. By bedtime it wasn't too bad and by morning it was mainly just a memory. The shoulder was still a little troublesome for several weeks but kept getting better until it was just like new. Would have avoided a lot of stress if they'd told me what was going to happen.

Since I wrote this I have had a shot in the other shoulder with completely different results. No after effect pain at all and the shoulder pain it was for has mostly disappeared. Same ER, same Dr. We joked about my previous experience and he expected that to happen again but he didn't apologize for NOT warning me the time before.

had shot 2 days ago-pain is worse than before cortisone treatment

tough to sleep

recommend sling

hopefully the med will relieve the pain once it does its job

for now..very uncomfortable

does the cortisone shot hurt?

Not painful AT ALL! Shots in my arm much worse. Seriously, I wondered what the fuss was all about.

All good guys, I have had two in my shoulder and a few in my 2nd toe on the right foot. All Ok, just try and rest as much as can once you have had it don't go picking things up give your shoulder a break abit if you can makes the world of difference. let it work and give it 2-4 weeks to work ok.

Do not mobilize your shoulder. You need to move it around so that you don't get a frozen shoulder ! Move you arm as much as possible. The fix for frozen shoulder is surgery to break down the tissue that stops it from moving.

the shot was not painful at all my family doctor did it and did not hurt at all

I just had a steroid shot in my shoulder for possible torn rotator cuff. It was the most excruciating pain I've ever had in my life and I have a high pain threshold! Going for MRI tomorrow but I will NEVER have another injection in my shoulder. There was nothing given to reduce the pain with injection. Have been I'll all day and not sure if it was from injection. Shoulder IS better but my entire body aches. Would like to know if this is normal. Thank you.

Hi I hope the cotazone injection helped you . How long after the jab could you lift your arm again. Would you recommend the jab as I have had a frozen shoulder since June

Hi I get it every 3 month's it work

I had mine done with a CT scan and it wasn'painful at all.  A bit of pain when they put in the anaestitic. Having it done with a scan is crucial to make sure it is done within the capsule(if that is where you need it) Often they miss the spot in the dr office, there only 40% are done right. Also the cortisone has to be injected slowly, that will really reduce the pain.

No not painful

I went in to see an orthopedic doc regarding my shoulder. I've had pain for about 5 months so decided it was time. She did an MRI, checked range of motion, etc. and finally concluded it was the early stage of frozen shoulder but no major tears or problems. With pt and the shot, she felt all could be corrected. Shot was painless (3 hrs ago) and still painless. Told not to exert the shoulder for 2 days but no restrictions after that. Hopefully the shot will allow me to do the pt and excercises without pain.

I had shoulder injection today.... I could barely move my arm....felt like it was partially paralyzed. Dr checked me out and said that there was no reason for it and told me to take my ibuprofen and ice it..... I went home. Ok....my arm is hurting and week. I can barely move my arm still. How long does this last...?. I have to go to work tonight.