I had 2 shoots tester day one acheter shoulder and the pain is gone...go for it

Just had 7 done today! Neck down to my shoulder! They hurt....but it's kind of a good hurt bc u know they will work soon!!

I got a injection in my shoulder a week ago today and my pain has worsened now. Has anyone experienced this?

It is hurting more after

I play cricket as well. Bowl right handed as well wondering how soon I could get back to bowling?

Thank you for the information

i HAD A TORN MENISCUS IN MY KNEE AND THE ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR SUGGESTED A CORTISONE SHOT. THIS WAS BACK ON 08/22/16-i HAVE HAD NO PAIN SINCE THEN, TODAY 10/02/16. I HAD SOME PAIN IN MY FRONT SHOULDER AND FIGURED A CORTISONE SHOT WOULD HELP EASE THE PAIN. A D/O GAVE ME THE SHOT AND I AM MIERABLE WITH PAIN AND DISCOMFORT. HAVE SWELLING AND YOU CAN SEE THE SWELLING LIKE A BALL IN FRONT OF SHOULDER. THE PAIN GOES DOWN UNDER MY ARM TO MY THUMB ! I do not know where to put my arm in a comfortable position to sleep-I HAVE NEVER IN LIFE HAVE HAD ANY PAIN LIKE THIS TO LAST THIS LONG I SAW MY INTERNAL MEDICINE DOCTOR THURSDAY AND SHE HAS ORDERED AN MRI OF THE SHOULDER. WAITING FOR RESULTS.is a d/o qualified to give these shots ??

I had a cortisone shot in my knee can I use heat or should I ice it

I had the shot in my shoulder on Tuesday and am still having trouble lifting my arm on Thursday. I don't mind needles and the shot did not hurt at all. I am hoping tomorrow I will feel the pain less. I have to go to physical theraphy 2X a week for 4 to 6 weeks. I have had numerous neck shots for arthritis and they worked wonderfully..haven't had another for almost a year. Shots in my back did not help much.

Had a shot my freshman year for rotator cuff tendinitis and pain was gone until senior year when I had to get another on for the same problem

Yes very uncomfortable though dr numbs it first you feel the pressure and discomfort

Amen and I concur. Thought I was dying and my arm was about to fall off after about 6 hours after the shot in shoulder. And I had weird bruising on the front part of my shoulder, opposite the injection site

What will happen if heat is applied?

I think it all depends where you get the injection. I had one in the back of my shoulder and didn't hurt. It didn't work so went back and got one in the front it hurt like a b***. I couldn't use arm for two days after.

Hi, I had torn rotator cuff surgery in Feb. 2017. After a long and painful recovery and therapy time-line I attempted to start some normal activities, I still was limited in what I was capable of doing, especially my work out regimen, due to extent of the injury and limitation that the injured shoulder was placing on me. I finally began a somewhat normal schedule in Aug. 2017 while still favoring the injured shoulder and maintaining a home therapy schedule (insurance didn't want to cover therapy for the duration I needed). I was progressing as well as I could until Nov. 2017, when I started to experience some new pain and discomfort in the same shoulder, but this time it was across the clavicle area.This pain started to become more disabling to the point that I saw an orthopedic surgeon today, 1/12/2018. After X-rays and an exam the doctor gave me a cortisone injection in the shoulder and scheduled me for some more therapy. I can now have more therapy because it's a new year. It is now approximately 4 hrs. later and I don't experience the shoulder pain I had any more. I'll have to wait and see how long this will last, but for now I am quite pleased. The cortisone injection, for me, was not painful and it was also the second injection that I have received in this shoulder. The first injection was administered in May 2017.