I have been smoking for less than a year, no more then a pack a week and every morning for the past month i wake up with a sore throat and a congested chest. I then cough up alot of yellow mucus that has black/brown chunks/flecks in it which i assume is tar, if i cough hard enough throught the day similar mucus comes up however with less tar. I do smoke pot aswell and i am 16 years old, i recently quit what I call poppers (bong tokes with tabacco and marijuana) and cut back on my smoking but i am uneasy about the amount of tar i am coughing up as i have not been smoking long and it seems to be more than many pack a day smokers and more than many of my friends that smoke more then me (however they did not take poppers of my size) I have smoked pot since i was 14 and i never had this untill i introduced tabacco... my stamana when running and exercising has reduced aswell and I am wondering if i should be concerned or if it is good that i am coughing up so much. I am also curious to know why i am expelling so much gunk when people that smoke more then me are not... sometimes there are traces of blood in my mucus aswell but i think it is coming from my throat and not my lungs as it happens when i clear my throat apposed to clearing my lungs. 

Blood in the mucus can mean cancer, so go see a doctor regarding all your problems, not consult a website. Gee, it's very surprising that you have a sore throat, are coughing up junk, don't have stamina when running......what did you expect with all this c**p in your body, to become as fit as an olympic athlete??

Ross Rebagliati, a Candian, Olympic Gold medalist in snowboarding, is a pot smoker. :)

Cancer can take years to devolop or to start to take action, most smokers don't get cancer until the ages 40+, he has a sore throat, so most likely his constant coughing is causing slight bleeding in the throat