Last night i was on the phone with my boyfriend and he was fine and then around 4 this morning he got a very bad pain in his chest. he also told me that he had been coughing up blood. as you can imagine at 4 in the morning all you want to do is sleep. Around 7 he started feeling better and the pain was gone. I am a very concenrned girlfriend. If anyone can tell me what may be wrong with him, please any and all thoughts would be appriciated. Please replay fast. %-)

Hey i dont have an answer but my boyfriend is going through the same exact thing i was wondering if you have updates on what this could be .

get him to a Doctor as fast as u can it might be cancer of melaria *bad spelling* sorry or worse get medical help as fast as u can coughing up means something is horrible wrong with him and im not saything this just to scare you its true check with a doctor quick it might of stoped now but it will return and get worse and worse !!!!!

I doubt that it is Malaria, which is caused by an infected protozoan parasite. Malaria is wide spread in tropical/subtropical regions and has been virtually irradicated here.

Does your bf smoke or inhale chemical irritants? Does he have a cold or a bronchial infection? Chest pain can be caused from bronchitis, pneumonia, walkin pneumonia, or to much smoke causing irritation of the lungs. The blood could be from the cough itself. When one coughs with vigor, tiny vessels can erupt causing blood tinged mucus.

It may not be that serious as the previous poster suggested. I have coughed up blood myself in the past. I do not have malaria or cancer.

I would suggest that you get him to see a Dr. It may or may not be that serious for there is a series of things it could be such as, bronchitis, pneumonia, cancer, laryingitis etc...Tell him to keep an eye and watch for some of these symptoms

1) A cough that produces more than a few teaspoons of blood
2) Dizziness
3) Light-headedness
4) Severe shortness of breath
5) Chest pain
6) Fever
or
7) Blood in urine or stools

Hope that helps!