i have a question...could dark almost black colored stool be a sign of pregnancy??

I don't think that is a sign of pregnancy. It could be something you ate, or that you have alot of iron in your diet.

black colour stools can indicate blood from your GI tract - but higher up usually stomach and above as it has been digested (hence black).

keep an eye on your stools and if it happens again go see you doctor.

as achampagne said it could be something you ate though.

i have never heard of it being a sign of pregnancy tho!

Hello there,

Since you are suspecting that black colored stool is a sign of pregnancy I presume that you are worrying with good reason.

Also, as the posters above have already said the black color of the stool is indicating that you have been eating something rich in iron. So try to change your diet in next few days to see what is going to happen.

And if you had unprotected sex and your period is late than you should stop getting stressed about it and just go and buy the home pregnancy test. They are 90 % accurate and you will know the answer.

Also you can get confirmation of test result at your doctor’s office. I hope that you will resolve your problem.