Does it matter if stools float, I mean Is that a good or bad sign?
I recently changed diet, so I am not sure does it mean anything about the diet.

In health circles, floating stools usually mean good. This means there is enough water and fiber and looseness in them and they pass through easily, but If they sink, it means they have been compacted and perhaps there is not enough fiber, too much meat and sugar. I wouldn’t be worry much about floating stool if I were you.

Hallo,
Floating stool is something that you can experience in many situations. They are often caused by changes in the diet. You said that you have changed your diet so in my opinion this is what caused it. Have you noticed any diarrhea in last couple of days? I just want to tell you that this is not a bad thing and it will not indicate any serious condition. If your problem is ongoing all you need to do is to change your diet again back to your normal. Maybe you can just find particular food that is causing you to have floating stool and eliminated it. You don’t have to change your whole diet if don’t want to.