I noticed a lot of people with similar symptoms posting here so maybe someone can help me out.

First off, I'm 22 and female, if that makes a difference. I'm overweight, but in good health overall (or at least until recently...).

Around the beginning of December I suddenly developed diarrhea literally overnight once but it wasn't anything too out of the ordinary. I attributed it to leftover Thanksgiving turkey that didn't agree with me. But within a couple days, I was cramping badly (almost like menstrual cramps, but somehow worse) with lower abdominal pain, gas, bloating (which has never happened to me before), and feeling very nauseated and just bad all around. Was prescribed promethizine (sp?) for the nausea, which helped somewhat, and Bentyl for the cramps, which did next to nothing. Exactly one week later I checked myself into the ER, the nausea and cramps were so bad. Given Immodyl (sp?) and Lortabs for the pain, and within a couple days I felt normal again, so I chalked it up to it being a bad stomach bug and went on my way. Two blood tests, chest and pelvic x-rays and a stool sample all came back normal.

A couple days before Christmas I began noticing my stool was black and tarry, and occasionally the toilet paper would be streaked with dark blood. I assumed it was something I'd eaten, but after several days (and the return of the nausea) I knew that wasn't it. I'm not on any iron supplements or anything so that's not it either. The gas has returned as well, along with the fun new symptoms of fatigue and lightheadedness that seem to come and go, as does the nausea. The cramps aren't as bad, but now it feels like my stomach's blown up like a balloon and is very sore when pressed deeply, mostly in the lower part, but in general it feels like I hurt everywhere in the abdominal area.

Went to the doctor again today and he got me in to see a GI specialist on the 3rd, says he's pretty sure there's some sort of upper GI bleeding going on. Also prescribed 150 Ranitidine (I can't spell, I'm sorry. Generic Zantac, I guess) to take twice daily to see if it helps with the on-again-off-again burning sensation. He did a digital rectum exam and said he didn't see any hemorrhoids, but that there was a small amount of blood -- enough to change the solution in whatever container he was using to test. Basically then told me to watch my symptoms and if they got worse before Wednesday, to go to the ER again.

At this point, quite honestly, I'm freaking out. Nothing like this has *ever* happened to me before. I've suspected for a while I might have IBS, since for the past couple years or more, usually a half hour or so after I eat I have to run to use the bathroom, especially if I eat anything greasy. But nothing like this has ever happened before, and I'm terrified. There's no history of colon or stomach cancer in my family, and I'm only 22 so I doubt it's anything *that* serious, but you never know. I'm getting a little panicky so, um. Anyone wanna give their two cents on what's going on, or if they have or have had similar problems?

Mostly I just want someone to pat my head and tell me it's gonna be okay. :'(

ok I really don't know much but it could be something so basic as a lack of fibre in the diet, over christmas perhaps your fibre intake was lower

It could be an early sign of chronic hepatitis, bile may not be uptaking the fat in your diet resulting in the tarry stool.

It is probably an ulcer of the GIT causing bleeding a NSAID, I don't think it could mean your stomach is under threat of a peptic ulcer, and its failing to produce enough mucus to cancel out its own acid that is now burning thriugh it wall.

What your food intake limit it for the next few days i would say

good luck.

I have had some of the same symptoms over the last 2 years. Pain in lower left abdomen. Sometimes radiating to the right side. Stomach blown up like a balloon. LIGHT headed, nausea. I am now super constipated, with a balloon on the left side of my abdomen. FREAKING OUT as I am only 21. And blood tests, ultrasounds came back normal. What did the GI doctor end up telling you. ANYONE ELSE? Any ideas. :$ :-(

If i were you i wouldn't listen to someone who mispells a simple word such as 'fiber'. And if it was an ulcer causing bleeding, wouldn't there be traces of blood in her stool?

Go to your doctor, and tell him ALL of your symptoms, even ones you don't think are that important. Listen to what he has to say first, and follow his directions. If these symptons continue on for 2 weeks (after your doctors estimated time of you being healthy again) consoult your doctor again and tell him your symptoms are still that same, and that you want an answer other than the one he already gave you. If your symptoms still persist, after your doctor gives you his second answer, go to the E.R. or consult another physician.

Hope I helped a little bit.

HEY I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL BE HELPFUL TO YOU AT ALL BUT FOR THE PAST LIKE WEEK I HAVE HAD JUST ABOUT ALL THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS YOU KNOW IM ONLY 21 AND I AM ALSO A LITTLE OVER WEIGHT BY LIKE 20 LBS SO I WAS ON A FIBER DIET FOR AWHILE WERE I WAS TRYING TO EAT ALOT OF FIBER SO THAT IT WOULD HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT FASTER WELL SINCE I STOPED DOING THAT I HAVE BEEN DRINKING ALOT OF POP AND NOT HAS MUCH WATER OR HEALTHY FOODS IT WAS A LACK OF STICKING TO WHAT I STARTED BUT SINCE THEN WITH THE LESS WATER AND MORE POP IM DRINKING AND JUICES AND TEAS IT HAS MADE ME FEEL LIKE c**p I THINK THATS MY PROBLEM IS THAT I AM DEHYDRATED AND EATING ALL THE WRONG FOODS SO THIS NEXT WEEK IM GOING TO DO ALL WATER AND TRY TO GET BACK ON MY HEATHLY EATING AND SEE IF I FEEL ANY BETTER I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL WORK BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YOU TRYED ALL THE DOCTORS AND SUCH MAYBE THIS WILL HELP US BOTH I HOPE SO BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I COULD DIE OF JUST BEING SICK OF IT IT COMES AND GOES LIKE I HIT A WALL . I FEEL FINE AND THEN I GET DIZZY AND NAUSEA AND I HAVE STOMACH PAINS AND I PEROSNALY BELIVE ITS LACK OF GOOD THINGS IN OUR BODY SO I WILL TRY IT AND SEE HOW I FEEL I WILL COME BACK ON WHEN IT FINISHED AND SEE. I FEEL MUCH BETTER WHEN I EAT HEATHLY AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER :-) BUT ITS PROBABLY NOT THE CURE BUT IT NEVER HURTS TO TRY HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL TO YOU AND I WILL UPDATE YOU ON HOW ITS GOING TTYL

Well, i have experienced the same symptons over the last year or so, I have recently been diagnosed with Ceoliac Disease, Lactose Intolerance and possible IBS. I experienced the cramping, nausea and bloating, bleeding from the stomach and intense sleep and dreams. After visiting the doctor on a few occasions, I have been found to have mild ulcers, or gastritis from the Ceoliac and stress my stomach and intestines have been under. The tenderness and cramping became too much for me, also with diarrahea and occasional black stools.

I would recommend dairy after eating (in my case this isn't an option) and possibly a digestent, like Mylanta or Gaviscon, for the reflux and acid.

I am 22, not overweight, eat and maintin a healthy diet and excercise regularly. I do not drink excessively or during the weeknights at all, and have now refrained from drinking altogether.

If this helps I am not sure, but the symptons sound very close to stomach bleeding, which also makes you light headed and dizzy.

"Fibre" is fiber. The British spelling. Don't be an ignorant American.

my stomach has been warm like a burning feeling and part of my stool was black :(

Thank you Guest, of 2/21. Fibre is the spelling we use in Canada as well.
As for the word 'mispell' that person used in their post...well, that is just incorrect, no matter which country one is from. The word is 'misspell'.
Methinks that person needs to educate themselves before spouting off at others.
As for the actual issue discussed here, yes, do see a doctor. I myself have IBS, but there are many diseases/syndromes with the same symptoms.

Hi, Ijust wanted to I let you Know That I have had these problems for several years... You lose weight then you gain it... your stomach hurts for a couple months then it doesn't... you feel so sick to your belly you don't even want to get out of bed... Constant Diarrahea and your affraid to eat anything... Well to tell you what the hospital told me... They told me I had Ulcertavie Colitis... this is simmalir to Chrons...It never goes away, but if you have the colonoscopy done it should tell... you uasually get sick because of your food intake... Too mush fiber or not enough fiber or also because you eat to many foods that someone with my disease cannot eat... Fried, Greasy foods...

I really hope this helps you in some way or another... So many people with thoughts and idea's.... There are so many diseases of the stomach you would be supprised.. It could be one of many things... So good luck and I hope you don't have what I have..... It's hell !!!

When I was about 17 I started experiencing serious stomach issues and finally just after my 21st had surgery for it. Hiatal Hernia, gallbladder removed, and the acid reflux surgery. It was an awful procedure for me and completely life changing. I still have issues to this day and am now 26. But I am starting to get symptoms again. Bloated & gas in my intestines, diarrhea, dark stools, severe stomach pain (when stressed), and lately nausea especially if I have something that is sweet. Even if it is just a breakfast bar or post workout shake.

Oh I am also a female, not overweight and excersize 3-4 times a week and eat virtually no bread products. I take Pepcid Max 1x daily and a probiotic, which has helped tremendously for keeping digestively normal it just does nothing for the gas issue that I get afternoon - evening.

I have most of those symptoms too, and I can't figure out what it is!

i have tingling in my arms, black stool more of a green than red color, nausea, sternum pain? stabbing stomach pains, %-) back pain, diarrhea and numbness to my arms. someone help me out?

Fibre is spelled Either way and I would not consult with someone who cannot spell consult.anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

ok I really don't know much but it could be something so basic as a lack of fibre in the diet, over christ your fibre intake was lower

good luck.

Hope I helped a little bit.

anonymous wrote:

Couldn't you have just said "Don't be ignorant."? Seriously, do you think all Americans are ignorant? If so, you are not acting any better than the person you chastised. I understood it. Good day.