Hi! For a long period I have a problem with my bowel movements in sense that I suffer from constipation occasionally. But lately I’ve noticed that my stool is black in fact I have dark blood on stool. So I’m pretty upset I don’t thing this is normal condition and I need some info about the causes of dark blood on stool. Thanks

What to say? Watch out on your diet!, maybe you consume a lot of blueberries which was the cause of my friend’s dark blood on stool but she also consume the iron pills so her doc advised her to change her diet for in fact she had hemorroids also. As for the other causes they might be: gastritis, some trauma or foreign body even ischenmia, hemorroids, anal fissures tumor, intenstinal infections and so on. Anyway in case of dark blood in stool you need to check it out with your doc who might recommend you to do some blood test or colonoscopy and gastroscopy and also stool culture and x-rays of the abdomen. I know what my friends did to improve her stool condition. She eat vegetables and fruits now , her diet is rich in natural fiber and she stopped smoking also, never drinks alcohol and was occasionally recommended antibiotics in order to prevent some eventual bleeding ulcer in the future just in case you have a helicobacter infection. So go visit a doc for this problem.