My son I has terrible diarrhea. I am afraid that he will dehydrate. He says that he can’t drink water because it makes him sick. I don’t know what to do. What are the symptoms of dehydration? Could dehydration be dangerous?

Yes, severe dehydration can cause death and the usual causes of dehydration are a lot of diarrhea and vomiting. I don’t want to disturb you, but Dehydration caused by diarrhea is one of the biggest single killers of children in the modern world and diarrhea itself is one of the major causes of nutritional loss and poor growth. In the early stages of dehydration, there are no signs or symptoms, but include dryness of mouth and thirst. As dehydration increases, signs and symptoms develop: thirst, restless or irritable behavior, decreased skin turgor, dry mucous membranes, sunken eyes, and absence of tears when crying vigorously.