Hey everyone.

I was chatting with my friend yesterday. Obliviously according to my conclusion she has no idea how she can recognize does her dog has tapeworms or not.

She was thinking that she can see this in his poop.

OK, but what about the symptoms? I mean every disease you can recognize from symptoms…

So I would like that you all be the part of this discussion and let other people to know what are sings, symptoms and causes of tapeworms in dogs?

A lot of people, and I am one of them, doesn’t know anything about causes :)

Hello. Nice topic. A lot of people doesn’t have a clue about tapeworms and when this happens to their dog they are wondering what is going on. Of course, poop is always a good sign and you should observe it to see are there some changes. The symptoms are: vomiting, coughing, diarrhea, low energy, and change in appetite, dull coat, itchy skin, skin irritations and visible worms in your dog’s poop. Those are also the signs that something is not OK with your dog. Only by observing you can notice it and then heal it. There are really a lot of causes of tapeworms in dogs.

Hello guys. How are you? :)

Here I am again, I was not here, but I noticed that no one was :) It is logical :) Well it is a new year and it is time to get back to our old problems :)

Good job Dog Whisperer. But I believe that you forgot to mention causes :)

One of the main cause is in your home and in your yard. You don’t clean it enough, you don’t spray it and there are fleas. When you are spending a time with your dog outside you should not leave him unsupervised. Fleas can pass on him from another dog.

Your dog is spending a time in park with other dogs? That is logical, but after this you should clean him.

Hi. I am really surprised because someone can’t notice that something is going wrong with his/her pet. OK, you don’t need to necessarily notice that your dog has a tapeworms but with all those symptoms you just need to realize that something is wrong.

OK, signs and symptoms are :

• Anal itchiness,
  • Your dog is licking the anal area,
  • Scooting,
  • Weight loss,
  • Increased appetite,
  • Poor coat,
  • Poor skin condition,
  • Diarrhea,
  • Abdominal pain.

About the causes – well tapeworms can be caused by fleas and your dog could catch them at the park, yard.  

Hey. Yes, we are familiar with the signs and symptoms, but what are the causes? I know that you wrote where can my dog get tapeworms but still some of us are not familiar whit causes of tapeworms in dogs.

I did some research and I found out that the only way to dog get tapeworms is from the nature and maybe infected water.

How a dog gets infected depends on the kind of worms that dog has. I know that there are so many different kinds of worms that live in dogs. We call them parasites because they feed of the dog.

Hello. Look the causes of worms in dog can be different. I am afraid that a lot of people don’t understand that tapeworms are just one sort of the worms. I am afraid that you don’t understand the question – causes of tapeworms, not worms. The good thing is that dogs rarely ever become ill from tapeworms. Signs of ill health, weight loss and diarrhea usually can be sings of some other problems. If your pet is flea free there is no guarantee that he doesn’t have tapeworms. You can easily notice them in your dogs poop. So you need to observe it. Carefully.