Hello I am curious about this ear buzzing that keeps occurring off and on in my ears.  I was wondering if it was linked to diabetes?  I have had diabetes for several years now but I am thinking I am having more symptoms like tingling in my legs, sweats at night, and now this buzzing in my ears.  Does anyone have any idea if taht is what its is or am I just going crazy??  lolol.   I was also wondering if there is anything I can take for the ear buzzing too.  I thought of ear drops or some herbal remedy htat might be helpful.  I notice the buzzing at night especially since it is so quiet in my bedroom.  I would like to be able to sleep better, and not hear this noise.  Sometimes I wonder if a bug crawled into my ear!! hahaha!  Is there any advice for this old woman? :)

Hello, I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering with tinnitis, or buzzing in the ear.  It can be very annoying, to say the very least!  There are many reasons ear buzzing can start.  Certain drugs, like aspirin and antibiotics can cause tinnitis. A buildup of ear wax or ear infection can also do it because of blockage in the ear.  If a person is older, they may experience ear buzzing just from the aging process.  Medical problems may bring this ailment on, such as hypertension, heart disease, allergies, hypothyroidism, and possibly in your case, diabetes.  So what can we do about this nuisance of ear noise? 

Try to avoid caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes as these things aggravate ear buzzing.  Stress can bring it on as well as being overly tired.  If you continue to have normal range blood sugar, this may help calm the tinnitis down.  If it is still bothersome, the doctor may prescribe an anti-anxiety medication, which is known to help tinnitis.  Good luck with getting help with your ear buzzing!