I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes.  I take Metformin every day for it and been exercising a lot to control it.  I have noticed that my ears have been ringing a lot lately and it is driving me crazy. It sounds like a buzzing noise and it usually lasts about 3 minutes when I have it happen.  It's really annoying.  I notice it more in the morning when I get up and sometimes during the day.  I was wondering if this is because I am diabetic and it's a symptom or what?  Does anyone else have this problem?  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Ear buzzing/ringing may be attributed to diabetes.  When glucose does not get into your body's cells, the tissue and/or organs do not work properly.  That is why people start getting retinopathy (disease of the eye), kidney failure, and other problems associated with diabetes.  If your ears are ringing, it could be because of the cells of the parts that make up your inner ear are not receiving messages properly, therefore, you hear the buzzing or ringing.  This can be very distracting and annoying.  With treatment and controlling your blood sugar through diet, exercise, and medication, your ear buzzing may subside or cease.  You may find other things improving as well.  Remain diligent to your new, healthier lifestyle and you will find that you will feel better all the way around!  Good luck!