I have been getting vaginosis or yeast infections non stop since sep/06, everytime I'm going to the doctor I have one of them. I had been in more than 4 Gyno's so far, plus a Dermatologist to get shots of Cortisone because of the irritation on the outside of my vagina.
I really don't know what to do anymore. I could get Diflucan for the yeast today and after I have sex w/my husband I get it right back, He was tested and it is nothing wrong w/him. This month I even got my menstrual twice two weeks apart. I'm 40 years old.
Please help me.

Sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble with this.
I hope I can help. Vaginitis can be caused by yeast infections, as you said, but if it quickly comes back or anti fungals don't work it may be that there is a bacterial vaginitis there aswell as the yeast, or as a result of the yeast being removed from the vaginal flora. i would suggest a two pronged attack, treat the yeast and bacterial. The bacterial vaginitis will need antibiotics like over the counter 0.75% metronidazole vaginal gel or oral metronidazole treatment. (metronidazole is an antibiotic) other products include RePhresh, boric acid, or Lactobacillus Acidophilus capsules. If you go to the doctor they will be able to prescribe antibiotics as well.
It may be that you are just prone to imbalances in your vaginal flora, causing vaginitis. You suggest that sexual intercourse in a cause.
To reduce the recurrence once it is treated, your husband must have clean hands and genitals too, (but no perfumed soaps). Recent research is exploring the link between sexual partner treatment and eradication of recurrent cases of bacterial vaginitis. your partner may upset your balances without registering as having a problem himself.

If your vagina's pH is too acidic, it makes it easier for bacterial/yeast to get a foot hold. There are over the counter gels for normalizing vaginal pH.

It may be well to boost your friendly bacterial, that way no over growth of yeast or bacteria will occur. A healthy vagina normally contains many microorganisms, one of the common ones being Lactobacillus acidophilus. Lactobacillus appears to help prevent other vaginal microorganisms from multiplying to a level where they cause symptoms. you can get capsules containing this bacteria and it should stop the re-accurances. (if one brand doesn't work, worth trying other brands, as occasionally the manufacturer cares not if the bacteria are dead-buying straight from a pharmaceutical company should avoid duff products)

Atrophic Vaginitis is another possibility worth mentioning, it's to do with low oestrogen, and you mentioned irregular periods, which also results from oestrogen changes.

quote
Estrogen, which is produced by the ovaries, plays a vital role in keeping vaginal tissues lubricated and healthy. When levels of estrogen are low, vaginal tissue becomes atrophic — thin, dry and shrunken. The vagina may become more prone to inflammation in an atrophic state. Common conditions with low estrogen levels that cause vaginal atrophy include:

* Menopause, when normal, age-related body changes cause the ovaries to decrease their production of estrogen
* Breastfeeding
* Surgical removal of the ovaries before the age of natural menopause, which can be done at the same time as a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
* Treatment with medications used to decrease estrogen levels in women who have conditions such as uterine fibroids or endometriosis
* Premature menopause, which occurs before age 40, a younger age than is considered normal for the average woman.

Common signs of vaginal atrophy include:

* Vaginal dryness
* Vaginal itch or a burning sensation
* Painful sexual intercourse
* Light bleeding after intercourse
If the recurrent problem in your case is due to this type of vaginitis, then oestrogen therapy will help, as will increasing blood flow to the vagina, by increasing sexual stimulation.
I hope that might give you some avenues to try... there's alot of info on the internet. Don't be afraid to tell your doctor that the treatment they offered wasn't completely effective. Also it's a good idea to write down in detail exactly what the symptoms are and when they happen. It will help a diagnosis, and may reveal a pattern or allow you to compare symptoms day by day, in relation to certain activities. would be really useful when searching the internet then.
Wishing you better soon.

Thanks for the info Babylon_Angel. I have had this problem off and on myself. I kept going back and forth between yeast and bacterial problems and finally my doctor told me to just let my body balance itself. So far it's worked with occasional problems when I have too much sugar.

Danay you said your doctor told you to let your body balance itself. How do you do that? I've been having a problem with BV for a year now. It's wearing me down.

has anyone found a solution to this. its almost a year im 16 and i have recurrent bv and yeast. i dont have sex . i got it for no reason

No more bv or yeast infections if you follow this, it worked for me going on 2 years! I have had this problem and told my GYN! He treated me for BV and Yeast infection with diflucan and mertriazondale (flagyl). He also said to prevent recurrence I needed to eat yogurt 3 times a week and it has to contain live culture and this is to be done for a month. If you don't want to do the yogurt, you need to take over the counter medicine called BACCID and this has to be taken for 6 weeks. These treatments will restore the normal flora in your vagina.. hope this helps..

I am 44 and have had the same. First, cleanse yourself of any possible systemic candida overgrowth. I did this using the Body Ecology diet. At the same time, boost your estrogen levels and support your Thyroid with, 2 TBSP flax seed oil + 2000 mg of Evening Primrose oil every morning. Then 2000 mg more Evening Primrose oil every evening. Then 600-900 mg Ashwagandha 3 x per day. I also drink Nettle tea and eat seaweed to boost iodine levels for my thyroid. You may want to get your thyroid and fungus levels checked before you start this, but none of it can hurt and will only help your health and yeast situation.

I have a VERY similar Problem to the Original Question above. For me I've had 2 C-Sections,after my 1st Son I l learned they removed an Ovary due to an a a Chocolate Cyst caused by Endomitriosis. After my 2nd son was born I HAD to have an Oblasion done since I menstruated for 1 FULL year, and the Birth Control they inserted in me did NOT help at all. I had to have the Oblasion done in 2 Surgeries because my body was NOT cooperating with Dr.And so for at least a yar now I've been having Yeast infections for 10 months. My QUESTIONS is, if I get a FULL blown Hysterectomy, with the Med's my Dr said she'll put me on, will that help to Reduce/ take away MY yeast infections..??